• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 NFL Mock Draft

rebelrouser

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Not sure about that.  Its not a cannon but he makes throws from every angle.  But then again I have only watched him play 2x and highlights.  I am incredibly interested in watching van dyke and mccall this season

https://nflmocks.com/2021/10/20/2022-nfl-draft-coastal-carolina-qb-grayson-mccall-fun-study/amp/

So are the traits enough for an early-ish selection in the 2022 NFL Draft? It doesn’t feel like it right now. The arm strength isn’t there, and he doesn’t generate a ton of velocity. He hangs his hat on placement down the field, but things might balloon too much against NFL speed. His processing needs to improve a bit in structure and under pressure.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:22 PM, pantherj said:

We're not taking a WR in that draft. Try again.

why not? Robby will be gone, Free Agent WR cost just as much as QBs now. If anything the smart thing to do is draft a WR. Thats why there was such a run on WR in this draft. Teams are not willing to pay the money that good to elite WR will request. Unless teams unite and reset the WR market, its just going to bloat more and more.

If you have a chance to grab the draft's best WR these days, you take it.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://www.theringer.com/2022/5/6/23059229/nfl-draft-2023-prospects

Decent write up on the qbs and other prospects for next year.

Van Dyke is a Kerry Collins clone.  Big and has a nice wind up with a big boy arm

But man best case scenario is Corral shows he can be a nfl qb and we can snag one of the animal defensive players

Didn’t realize Levis will be 24 before he plays in the NFL. And we thought Pickett was old (relatively speaking lol). Him and Haener seem promising, but their age could deter some people. 

Van Dyke & McCall (maybe Richardson) will be highly watched. 

Not high on McKay, Jurkovic, Slovis or Rattler

Wash State’s Cam Ward (A second Cam Ward in the Carolinas) coming in hot from TX private college who dominated could absolutely blow up. All the tools. A bit slow footed in the pocket but really interested to see how he does. 6’3 220, tight throwing motion, athletic, first year against the big boys. That’s the dude who could come out of nowhere.

43 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://nflmocks.com/2021/10/20/2022-nfl-draft-coastal-carolina-qb-grayson-mccall-fun-study/amp/

So are the traits enough for an early-ish selection in the 2022 NFL Draft? It doesn’t feel like it right now. The arm strength isn’t there, and he doesn’t generate a ton of velocity. He hangs his hat on placement down the field, but things might balloon too much against NFL speed. His processing needs to improve a bit in structure and under pressure.

Thats from the year prior.  This article is in the middle of this past season.  Gives him a bit more credit for his arm.  Still is going to be fun to watch

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/grayson-mccall-coastal-carolina-qb-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats from the year prior.  This article is in the middle of this past season.  Gives him a bit more credit for his arm.  Still is going to be fun to watch

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/grayson-mccall-coastal-carolina-qb-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

Oh definitely fun to watch! Did his arm somehow get stronger? It looks like he has to air it out to get it down the field. Brees made that work, so it’s possible to still play at a high level like that just kind of rare. I kind of like the Kentucky QB out of next year’s class.

It is way to early to tell how the 2023 NFL Draft will play out but by  the end of the this season we should be able see the postions that  the Panthers need to address in the draft and the top players available more clearly.

Going by past history the current "Way to Early" draft boards willl be changing constantly and will wind up looking nothing like the present ones, so it is hard for me to spend a lot of time  checking them out.

I feel we will be picking around # 10, give or take  a postion or 2.  This should allow us to get a top prospect at the most needed postion or make a move back to gain more picks, a win-win..

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

If Corral works out then I could easily see it. Robby is expensive for what we get and honestly, we don’t really know if Marshall will be a good WR. Depending on how this season goes, WR could be a need and given some of the solid success of WRs out of college, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Ok I'm going to say something negative so for everyone who gets upset by that stop reading and don't poop this post. I warned you. Corral's deep ball is very inaccurate, so he will not pan out. We will take a QB round 1 of the 2023 draft.

I like that Levis plays in a pro style offense, and for the competition he played with he has certainly elevated that team. Not sure he is super accurate though, don't see a lot of deep shots and his receivers made some tough catches in the 15 yard range... Again not sure any of these guys are that much better than Corral besides the top 2. Happy to be proven wrong this year in case Corral shows nothing and we have to take one though.

Edited by Jaxel

Tyler Van Dyke is an interesting watch. He layers his throws beautifully, and has relatively good field vision. Arm strength looks a bit average though, as most of his down the field passes seem to float or force the receiver to slow down, certainly not as mobile as Young or Stroud, but bigger. Watching him this year will be interesting. I like his arm talent better than Will Levis, gonna be fun to watch these guys grow this year.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 1

On 5/3/2022 at 3:51 PM, Jaxel said:

Lol, the have Spencer Rattler at five, that guy panics more than Darnold in a clean pocket. I don't think is gonna be quite the class people think it will be. 

Yeah, that seems a crazy projection at the current moment in time.   I mean the season is going to really alter things and maybe Rattler will end up as a top prospect.   But coming off his benching and transfer that seems crazy high for him today 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Very possible we go QB next year if Corral doesn’t work out. Kind of like us going Iky even though BC looked like he might be an OK LT. Some folks in here think Corral was a first rounder and will be another Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson. He went in the 3rd, if he works out he’ll be a great surprise but while I’m not as down as you, I’m realistic.

I want Corral to be a home run franchise QB who wins a half dozen SBs here. That's the homer side of me. Realistically he was passed over because his deep ball is not good. That puts him in Teddy territory where his ceiling is being good and the short and middle throws. You saw what we did with Teddy and now he's a backup elsewhere. The 2023 draft has some golden QB prospects and we'd be insane not to take one imo. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, that seems a crazy projection at the current moment in time.   I mean the season is going to really alter things and maybe Rattler will end up as a top prospect.   But coming off his benching and transfer that seems crazy high for him today 

Yes, I'm a South Carolina fan and would love him to turn the corner this year and in turn be drafted by us, but typically, some one transferring out cause the lost their job mid season doesn't usually translate to that success. He is talented though so we will see.