• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If a city offers a new stadium and training facility...

Jmac

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Southern Utah is one of my favorite areas in the continental U.S. but that's like raving about the beauty of the Blue Ridge from Fayetteville.

I know, but SLC is a stone's throw from mountains, and the only way to avoid them is by going south (or southwest) through the desert towards Nevada. Like you said, it's in a beautifully geographic area. I've driven I-15 from SLC to Vegas. 

As previously proposed, no. I think the city may rethink that if the practice facility/retail/hotel complex was done at the foundry and a futuristic opening/closing dome structure perhaps between huge arches and technological upgrade thought, that may tickle the ear of the city.

Charlotte business wise would probably jump all over that. Huge uptown infrastructure, adding to BofA in an iconic architectural endeavor?! Retail, Hotels, Restaurants, practice facility? Training Camp?

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nailed it. That's where I am. I fully expect to probably watch as a general NFL fan this season simply tuning into the most interesting game available. Sure, I'll watch the first 3-4 Panthers games but I fully expect that we're likely on the way to another 5ish win season at that point and I'm not going to wait until week 13 this coming season to stop subjecting myself to watching terrible football at the expense of missing out on watching some really good football.

I just can't really emotionally invest in a Rhule led NFL team. Sorry, he's a proven failure at this level. And honestly, I'm getting very close to the same point with Tepper. 

My fandom is absolutely on the brink at this point.

So...if the Panthers start, say 1-4, or 2-5, you may just hand in your Moderator Badge and head out? I don't usually root for loses. But man, that is tempting.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

SLC is kind of a low key poo hole of a city in a beautiful geographical setting... as long as you only look east.

honestly…if the Mormons didn’t settle it, I’d wager it’d be all the rage, it has some of the best if not the best natural beauty in the US, especially if you include park city

unfortunately a lot of the poo hole factors are thanks to the religion. And not just politics.

Their money goes to the church and investments go to churches, temples and related things…and is less invested in the city itself. And they’re a frugal people, they prepare a lot of emergencies and stock pile poo despite being surrounded in garbage and very slow change happens. The church hoarded money.

On top of it all they have like 10 kids….so yea no money is ever put into the city, Mormons are a ‘it’s good enough’ type outside their church. investments don’t go to social services, they go to the church to provide for members. Why put money into rehabs/family based services when going to church based ‘healings’ is all you need…that’s the mindset here. If you’re not a member we’ll your SOL

thats why everything looks like poo. It’s a real shame. I am getting out soon.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

On 5/7/2022 at 11:52 AM, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Sacremento, Portland, San Jose, St. Louis, San Diego, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City are all threats but I don't see the team moving. Those are all lateral moves.

That said ... what's up with so many of those places starting with the letter S? Weird.

San Jose is definitely not a lateral move, especially with only one Bay Area team.

3 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

So...if the Panthers start, say 1-4, or 2-5, you may just hand in your Moderator Badge and head out? I don't usually root for loses. But man, that is tempting.

😂

Y'all wouldn't believe how long the list of mods is. Most rarely post these days or have completely moved on. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂

Y'all wouldn't believe how long the list of mods is. Most rarely post these days or have completely moved on. 

Need Sandman back. That time he suspended Mr Scot was all time huddle. Lines were drawn in the sand.