• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ray Lewis or Luke Kuechly

Saw a graphic today comparing 2000s and 2010s all decade team. Alot of people saying Ray Lewis and Urlacher were much superior to Luke and Bobby Wagner but I just dont see it. Luke and Wagner were basically better versions of Urlacher. When it comes to Ray Lewis other than being more intimidating and more physically imposing what exactly was he better at from a skill standpoint? I think Ray was perfect for the era he played in but would get exposed in coverage alot and would frankly have a hard time being on the field in today’s game with the way running backs can run routes out of the backfield.

Luke didnt always lay the wood but I swear I watched almost every game of his career and not only did he rarely miss tackles but he almost never misdiagnosed a play, took a wrong step, or was caught out of position. From a coverage standpoint its not even close. I think Patrick Willis was a better comparison to Ray Lewis

Luke had an impact on games and could take them over sometimes from the linebacker spot, that is generational. Urlacher could too but wasn't a coverage beast that Luke was. Yeah there is that poster of Julio over Luke but not many LB's in the league would ever be in that position. You def can't find Ray Lewis or Urlacher making an Ed Reed play and Luke would make them on the regular. Dallas in '15. Seattle in that playoffs that year.

At their peaks and in their primes Luke easy and it's not even a discussion. Total career sure give it to Lewis since he played longer and won Super Bowls but that's not exactly a fair discussion considering Luke willfully retired right in his prime like Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson and he didn't have nearly as good of a team around him most of his career as Lewis did.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

This thread makes me miss Luke.

We suck so hard right now that I can't even go back and enjoy the highlights of Cam and Luke. Without the injury factor, both should still be playing great football for a strong contender right now since Luke is only 31 and Cam 32. If you'd told me during the 2015 season that in the summer of '22 Luke would be retired, Cam would be a shell of himself and no longer on the Panthers, JR has been forced to sell the team, and we're in the midst of the worst period of losing football in Panthers history I would've laughed in your face. But... here the fug we are.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 5

Sorry but Lewis is up there Taylor. Those are the 2 GOATS.

then Singletary

Then Urlacher/Seau…

then Luke

in recentish times Lewis, Urlacher, Luke

top 3/5 all time is not bad at all

if he would have kept going, I have doubt doubt he’d join Lewis and Taylor

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We suck so hard right now that I can't even go back and enjoy the highlights of Cam and Luke. Without the injury factor, both should still be playing great football for a strong contender right now since Luke is only 31 and Cam 32. If you'd told me during the 2015 season that in the summer of '22 Luke would be retired, Cam would be a shell of himself and no longer on the Panthers, JR has been forced to sell the team, and we're in the midst of the worst period of losing football in Panthers history I would've laughed in your face. But... here the fug we are.

A decade ago, I never thought I'd be more into the Canes than the Panthers.  Here we are.

I miss the good Panthers.  This modern team isn't poo.

12 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Sorry but Lewis is up there Taylor. Those are the 2 GOATS.

then Singletary

Then Urlacher/Seau…

then Luke

in recentish times Lewis, Urlacher, Luke

top 3/5 all time is not bad at all

if he would have kept going, I have doubt doubt he’d join Lewis and Taylor

Taylor?