• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Rhule really think he has 5 years?

NAS

23 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Guaranteed it's a closer representation to you and I would be willing to put money on it. I can dig up random nerds on Google as well but I will just ask again... When are you posting up pics of yourself "bro"?  It might take you a bit to respond today as I'm sure you are bench pressing at the gym right after you drag race your Lambo around your mansion grounds. Don't let us bother you though Hercules. 

This you bro?

silence of the lambs GIF

hey at the end of the day im just on a message board talking poo.  its fun. I don't claim to be Mr. Awesome

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Maybe Ron did inherit a slightly better mess.  That’s not really the point.  Singling out Ron.  . Capers, Fox and Ron all inherited comparable messes…..and weren’t jokes at the conclusion of year 2.   There was something being built.  Direction.  Improvement.   Belief.  

and I do agree that Rhule wouldn’t be married into a mindset like a Spurrier, Kelly, etc.   I mean there innovation is what got them the jobs though and to see them give it a whirl at the next level.    So I don’t think they compare well to Rhule. 

But it just brings me back to what are waiting on Rhule to show at this level?  What’s the NFL equivalent of his college success?   

I'm not so sure Rhule didn't approach last year to married to a mindset of his "program/system."  One would hope the results (or lack thereof) would have opened his mind a bit, but the jury is still out on that, too.

I'm not looking for or expecting a run to the NFCC this year.  I think 2021's regression killed any realistic expectations of a deep playoff run.  My own expectation is we show respectability.  I'm not putting a hard number of wins on that, but more than 5.  We have to show we can get to the next level, which is somewhere around .500 and not causing laughter when somebody points out we are mathematically in the playoff picture around Thanksgiving. 

Last year we were 5-6 at Thanksgiving, and technically in the playoff hunt.  But the ER's probably treated more people for swallowing bones when that was said as they did people making "strategic errors" trying to deep fry their turkey.  Hopefully we don't send people to the ER choking this year until Christmas.

In other words, my bar for this year is we achieve what we should have achieved last year.  If Rhule can't do that, then I think the NFL is just not his gig. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, CRA said:

No, this is just you making up a bad take and projecting it out…..because you have chosen to take a stand on a bad hill in regards to Rhule.  Capers, Fox and Ron all came into bad situations just like Rhule.   Rhule is only unique in the fact he hasn’t done diddly.  

Capers had a Supplemental Draft to go along with getting Collins at pick #2. Capers won with Collins, and lost a lot without him.

Fox had a decent team, then found Jake. Fox won a lot with Jake, and not so much without him.

Rivera had a decent team for Cam to lead. RR had Cam and had some success until Cam fell apart. No so many wins without him.

Rhule had no talent, and no QB. But you think that is the same situation. lol

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

Maybe Ron did inherit a slightly better mess.  That’s not really the point.  Singling out Ron.  . Capers, Fox and Ron all inherited comparable messes…..and weren’t jokes at the conclusion of year 2.   There was something being built.  Direction.  Improvement.   Belief.  

and I do agree that Rhule wouldn’t be married into a mindset like a Spurrier, Kelly, etc.   I mean there innovation is what got them the jobs though and to see them give it a whirl at the next level.    So I don’t think they compare well to Rhule. 

But it just brings me back to what are waiting on Rhule to show at this level?  What’s the NFL equivalent of his college success?   

The NFL equivalent would be building a team good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to beat anyone once they get there. Then he hauls ass to the next program. 

Just now, The Huddler said:

some of yall are trying to compensate for something.. 🤔

gotta feel better about yourself somehow i guess.  gotta get that huddle fame baby!! 

You can't be talking about me.  I have an ex-wife and a current wife.  My motto is "I exist therefore I am wrong."

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Capers had a Supplemental Draft to go along with getting Collins at pick #2. Capers won with Collins, and lost a lot without him.

Fox had a decent team, then found Jake. Fox won a lot with Jake, and not so much without him.

Rivera had a decent team for Cam to lead. RR had Cam and had some success until Cam fell apart. No so many wins without him.

Rhule had no talent, and no QB. But you think that is the same situation. lol

Fox took over a 1-15 Chris Weinke Panthers that was coming off a 15 game losing streak. 

Rhule inherited 

Cam -was talented enough to win 7 games with the worst roster in the NFL.   More importantly, his franchise best leadership to get whatever you wanted up and running.   Rhule opted to kick him to the curb.   

CMC -  best RB in the NFL

DJ Moore - was already sleeping walking to 1000+ yards with no QB play 

plus a bunch of young recently talented guys like Burns, Moton, Samuel, Jackson, Shaq

Offensively, Matt Rhule inherited a better gig than Fox did. 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

And some are rewriting history to fit their narrative that Rhule isn't as bad as he has proven himself to be.

Nahh.  Rhule still sucks atm.  You are what your record says you are.  Tepper has decided to give him time to turn it around.  We'll see.  

That doesn't mean RR inherited a similar situation to Rhule.  He just didn't.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Fox took over a 1-15 Chris Weinke Panthers that was coming off a 15 game losing streak. 

Rhule inherited 

Cam -was talented enough to win 7 games with the worst roster in the NFL.   More importantly, his franchise best leadership to get whatever you wanted up and running. 

CMC -  best RB in the NFL

DJ Moore - was already sleeping walking to 1000+ yards with no QB play 

plus a bunch of young recently talented guys like Burns, Moton, Samuel.   

Offensively, Matt Rhule inherited a better gig than Fox did. 

I said everything I needed to say in my last post. You can rearrange it any way you choose. You usually do.

40 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Sometimes a change of scenery works.  It wouldn't be the first time a HC failed his first time out and later went on to success.  

I don't this is the guy. Would prefer to not lean into being the new Browns if we can Rhule. We are already trying to outsuck them as it is.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not especially interested in McAdoo as a head coach.

There'll certainly be candidates this year. Heck, the Packers OC might be one of them again.

Yeah, if we are stuck with existing staff I'd probably rather give Wilks another shot than McAdoo.

Would rather just open it up and let Fitterer and the FO make a hire. At the bare minimum if they fug that up royally, we can just get rid of Fitt and start that process again too.