• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Steve Reed reports "the Panthers are still interested in" Jimmy Garoppolo

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

I maybe wrong, but I think Finessere has already traded away 2 picks in 2023(i know the 3rd is gone). But I believe panthers have bufflaos 7th form the LB aSmith deal from 2 years ago. *Now I member, panthers dont have a 6th due the gilmore trade....so yes 2(3rd&6th) picks already gone......ugh

With the unknown I do wish would feeze using future picks given the coaching deal....

Fitt has shown the propensity to trade for the "now" and not pay as much attention to "tomorrow." TBD if this is more him or more Rhule.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

You don’t put great QBs on the trading block. You also don’t trade away 3 1st rounders to replace them. Their head coach is also a “winner” with the same record and he wants to move on from Jimmy. 

Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady and Manning were all either traded or released and went on to win SBs.

Shanahan is 8-28 without JimmyG.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Fitt has shown the propensity to trade for the "now" and not pay as much attention to "tomorrow." TBD if this is more him or more Rhule.

Its probably more Rhule.  Rhule is the one talking about how he didn't want to start with a few losing seasons like he did in college.  That he wanted to win now.  That didn't work out.

19 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Its probably more Rhule.  Rhule is the one talking about how he didn't want to start with a few losing seasons like he did in college.  That he wanted to win now.  That didn't work out.

I think we all HOPE that is the case. My fear is that Rhule has been running this show the whole time. Well guess who chose Fitterer.....Matt Rhule.

That's my biggest fear, that we find out Fitterer is just as ill suited to his job as Rhule.

52 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady and Manning were all either traded or released and went on to win SBs.

Shanahan is 8-28 without JimmyG.

Only Stafford was traded because HE requested it. The others two were past their mid 30s and WANTED to go somewhere else after their contracts were up. Let’s also not act like Manning was the reason the Broncos won that Super Bowl. Also imagine Detroit trading 3 first round picks for a QB while Stafford was in his prime? No one questioned the Niners doing it for a reason.

Why are their no trade offers for Jimmy right now? Shouldn’t teams be all over a QB that can win. You know who else was a “winner” despite average stats? Teddy. When he went to a below average team he was horribly exposed and went 5-11. 

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Nah, won't be Jimmy.

The Jimmy thing never made any sense to me.  He won’t even be able to start throwing until mid to late summer off the injury.

and don’t we already have a former franchise QB who wasn’t the same after a major shoulder injury?

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Why are their no trade offers for Jimmy right now?

Because the 49'ers are waiting for him to heal from surgery and show he's 100% so he can bring fair value.

The GM is on the record saying he will be fine with it if The Jimmy-G Man comes back and plays for the 49ers again...

• Pie 1