• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CarolinaHuddle Tepper Approval Rating

TNPanther

David Tepper Approval Rating  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of David Tepper’s recent actions and vision for the franchise?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

13 of you shouldn’t be allowed to vote if you think this is what competent leadership looks like.

The question was "Do you approve of David Tepper’s actions and vision for the franchise?"

Yes, I 100% agree with his vision for the franchise. Undoubtedly. I want the Panthers to be a perennial playoff team. Tepper has said that over and over and that is clearly the long term goal he wants.

Do I approve of Tepper's actions?

I did not approve of the field change to turf.

I did not approve of the practice facility going in SC, which blew up in his face anyway.

Beyond that, I can't say about much else. There are not enough FACTS to know what has went on behind the scenes regarding Rhule/Fitts. I'm not going to judge Tepper on a decision to not fire Rhule without more information. That's not fair and it's not right. To each their own, but I'm not a know-it-all dick.

Beyond these items above, what exactly else are we judging Tepper on? Charlotte FC? Who cares, irrelevant to the Panthers success. Not firing Hurney sooner? Sure I can get on board with that. But honestly how much is nit picking?

Nobody asked about leadership. The question was regarding Tepper's decisions and vision.

But just to go on record, I have no clue what kind of leader Tepper is or if he should have any sort of leadership role with the Panthers. That's the HC coach and the GM's job. Tepper's leadership shouldn't be relevant to anything I care about.

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

The question was "Do you approve of David Tepper’s actions and vision for the franchise?"

Yes, I 100% agree with his vision for the franchise. Undoubtedly. I want the Panthers to be a perennial playoff team. Tepper has said that over and over and that is clearly the long term goal he wants.

I did not approve of the practice facility going in SC, which blew up in his face anyway.

Beyond that, I can't say about much else. There are not enough FACTS to know what has went on behind the scenes regarding Rhule/Fitts. I'm not going to judge Tepper on a decision to not fire Rhule without more information. That's not fair and it's not right. To each their own, but I'm not a know-it-all dick.

Beyond these items above, what exactly else are we judging Tepper on? Charlotte FC? Who cares, irrelevant to the Panthers success. Not firing Hurney sooner? Sure I can get on board with that. But honestly how much is nit picking?

Nobody asked about leadership. The question was regarding Tepper's decisions and vision.

But just to go on record, I have no clue what kind of leader Tepper is or if he should have any sort of leadership role with the Panthers. That's the HC coach and the GM's job. Tepper's leadership shouldn't be relevant to anything I care about.

A good leader makes mistakes, a good leader also learns from their mistakes. Tepper’s actions and visions are synonymous with poor leadership skills as good leaders make sound decisions and don’t make the same mistakes multiple times.

People get caught up in the thinking that a leader has to be well liked and a model citizen, that’s not the case. I don’t give a poo what Tepper’s personal life is like but the fact that he has made the same mistakes with Charlotte FC that he’s also made with the Panthers (see no further than the coaching disasters) leads me to believe that 1) he doesn’t even know what his vision is and 2) his actions are spur of the moment at best.

All signs of a poor leader and being a leader is synonymous with making sound decisions.

The bottom line is that his actions and vision shouldn’t lead anyone to believe that Tepper can lead this franchise and furthermore, that his decisions have been sound.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Jerry Richardson had exactly the same vision but no clue how to accomplish it.

Tepper so far is no different.

I long ago stopped giving anyone credit for "wanting to win". Everybody wants to win, but if you have no frigging clue how to do so, all the wanting in the world doesn't mean sh,-t.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jerry Richardson had exactly the same vision but no clue how to accomplish it.

Tepper so far is no different.

I long ago stopped giving anyone credit for "wanting to win". Everybody wants to win, but if you have no frigging clue how to do so, all the wanting in the world doesn't mean sh,-t.

Sure, of course. I don't disagree with "wanting to win". I didn't say anything about his ability. But I do, very strongly, agree with his "wanting to win". He's likely to be the owner for a long, long time so I hope he does figure it out.

• Flames 1

If he would have came out today and proclaimed Matt Corral the future and therefore the starter and that he was simultaneously flooding the stores with #9 Jerseys and #79s too because he believed the final pieces of his rebuild were tactfully acquired by his ace Fitty I could get behind that as a day one fan. No direction. Tone deaf.

The fans, media and everybody else would eat that up. Even #9 and #79. That more than anything says that you believe in the direction you're going and that if we pick you high or believe you're best of your class, you will play. Isn't that building instead of throwing a guy out there at the very end of his statistically horrible NFL career in Sam? 

They say owners shouldn't meddle and stay away from player personnel, that'll never happen. Matt Corral, Mr.Tepper is YOUR QB. Roll with that. Understand when opportunity has risen in a young photogenic gunslinger. Take advantage. Finally make it yours for better or worse. I sir believe in the young Mr. Corral. I think that move in particular would be for the better, sooner than later.

We need to turn the page.

Let's eat!

Screenshot_20220504-141021~2.png

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1