• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam on last season

CRA

2 hours ago, CRA said:

He basically acknowledged Cam was techincally better today than some of the bottom 32.  But the league doesn't carry about that.  Nor does he. They have to develop guys with bigger ceilings and long term potential.  

Which is true.  A full prep going into a season, Cam would increase your odds of winning over some of the young QBs.  But developing and playing those guys outweighs whatever edge Cam would have snap 1 of week 1.  Id want to start the rookie and young players over Cam. 

Cam lost out to rookie mac "______" jones, he had a full year in the system on him. commies had jackshit at QB, RR didnt even call. Dumbass Tepper overruled everyone and gave him 5 million to save panthers box-off...errrra playoff hopes. 0-5. Cam will be smoking three vegan cigars at 53 years old, be thinking in his mind -"Im still one of the best and better than most of 32 QBs out there". 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

What are you arguing? Cam is done as a starter.  I don't think he is good.  That doesn't mean there isn't truth in what he says.  It's the whole 2 things can be true factor of life.  

Matt Rhule gave Cam Newton 3 games as the guy and they weren't consecutive.  The rest were all QB platoons.   There was no actual time for Cam to learn and show what you wanted.  And on to top of all that? The rest of the offense was going from Brady to whatever Rhule stooge they inserted.  

I mean, it was a bad spot.  That can be true.  Cam can also be washed.  That can be true. One being true doesn't make the other false. 

I’m not sure why my argument is hard for you to follow. My argument is against the narrative that his poor performance was due to him not having enough time to learn the offense. If that was true, he wouldn’t have had his best game in his first start and then regress consistently from week to week after. That just makes zero sense no matter how you caveat it. “There was no actual time for Cam to learn”? What? There were 6 weeks for him to learn. It’s not an all-or-nothing thing - you don’t either know zero of the playbook or 100% of it. You would want to see him build more and more mastery of the playbook from week to week and have that reflect in his performances, and that just wasn’t the case. Going from Brady to “Rhule’s stooge” is a really odd deflection considering they used the same playbook, which is the only thing we’re talking about.

I wasn’t even arguing against anything you were saying originally (for once) lol I was agreeing with your point and then expanding upon it. But then you got defensive and wanted to make a million excuses for what was objectively a poor season from Cam (along with the rest of our offense + coaching staff).

I agree with you 100%: “two things can be true”…as in, it can be true that Matt Rhule is a terrible coach who didn’t do Cam any favors and it can also be simultaneously true that Cam was a bad QB last year in his own right. You seem to want to deflect all blame from Cam and onto Rhule considering you’ve talked more about Rhule than Cam in your responses.

• Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Cam lost out to rookie mac "______" jones, he had a full year in the system on him. commies had jackshit at QB, RR didnt even call. Dumbass Tepper overruled everyone and gave him 5 million to save panthers box-off...errrra playoff hopes. 0-5. Cam will be smoking three vegan cigars at 53 years old, be thinking in his mind -"Im still one of the best and better than most of 32 QBs out there". 

they should of gone with Mac over Cam.  Cam is in the pointless territory in terms of being a starter.  There is no future or point in it.   

week 1? Cam is still better than some of the 28-32 tier of QBs.  But it serves no purpose to play him over someone you could be developing to see what they have 

22 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I’m not sure why my argument is hard for you to follow. My argument is against the narrative that his poor performance was due to him not having enough time to learn the offense. If that was true, he wouldn’t have had his best game in his first start and then regress consistently from week to week after. That just makes zero sense no matter how you caveat it. “There was no actual time for Cam to learn”? What? There were 6 weeks for him to learn. It’s not an all-or-nothing thing - you don’t either know zero of the playbook or 100% of it. You would want to see him build more and more mastery of the playbook from week to week and have that reflect in his performances, and that just wasn’t the case. Going from Brady to “Rhule’s stooge” is a really odd deflection considering they used the same playbook, which is the only thing we’re talking about.

I wasn’t even arguing against anything you were saying originally (for once) lol I was agreeing with your point and then expanding upon it. But then you got defensive and wanted to make a million excuses for what was objectively a poor season from Cam (along with the rest of our offense + coaching staff).

I agree with you 100%: “two things can be true”…as in, it can be true that Matt Rhule is a terrible coach who didn’t do Cam any favors and it can also be simultaneously true that Cam was a bad QB last year in his own right. You seem to want to deflect all blame from Cam and onto Rhule considering you’ve talked more about Rhule than Cam in your responses.

I mean, I said Cam was done in the very first post and called him washed up repeatedly in this thread.  How is that deflecting from Cam lol? 

Everything is about Rhule defense with you.  Oh no, I didn’t show whatever the dude’s name was that replaced Brady enough respect.   He was trash. Worse than Brady.   So mentioning it was relevant to the fugged up scenario Cam walked into.  It was part of it.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

they should of gone with Mac over Cam.  Cam is in the pointless territory in terms of being a starter.  There is no future or point in it.   

week 1? Cam is still better than some of the 28-32 tier of QBs.  But it serves to purpose to play him over someone you could be developing to see what they have 

Yea Bill was right, he normally is.....just not when its draft time.....

I can agree with your 2nd part as well, just depends on the fit as well. Cam never was very accurate, I dont know were thats maybe "not a big deal" in the system fit. Steelers, panthers(ugh), seahawks, failcons, jets, giants, missing some I bet.......hell I do think its a toss up with werntz as well. but those teams have chosen other players, no matter what Cam ego states. Even Hurts looked meh, especially if discount his rushing....

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Yea Bill was right, he normally is.....just not when its draft time.....

I can agree with your 2nd part as well, just depends on the fit as well. Cam never was very accurate, I dont know were thats maybe "not a big deal" in the system fit. Steelers, panthers(ugh), seahawks, failcons, jets, giants, missing some I bet.......hell I do think its a toss up with werntz as well. but those teams have chosen other players, no matter what Cam ego states. Even Hurts looked meh, especially if discount his rushing....

I just wish Cam would call it a day.  He should of after Rhule cut him when he got here.  Cam is in the legacy hurting phase of his career IMO.  

I basically think the guys in the podcast said it without bluntly saying it.  It’s over for Cam.   His personality is too big for teams to take him on as the short yardage guy.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I just wish Cam would call it a day.  He should of after Rhule cut him when he got here.  Cam is in the legacy hurting phase of his career IMO.  

I basically think the guys in the podcast said it without bluntly saying it.  It’s over for Cam.   His personality is too big for teams to take him on as the short yardage guy.  

Ego one of mans biggest downfalls. 

Sorry Cam - but you got worse as the season went on and threw all your picks the last 4 games.  I even remember an announcer stating “surely he knows the offense by now, it’s been several weeks.”  

Also - plenty Of QBs have come in off the street to make their first start with a team in the past.  You just don’t have it anymore bud.  I’ve always loved you..but you are not an nfl QB anymore 

• Pie 1

Yeah I’ve not heard of one successful qb who did what Cam did last year, just doesn’t happen 

A lot of half ass takes on this, cmc played what? A quarter in the dolphins game was out the remainder of the season, team was already dropping like flies to injuries and already was on a losing streak, trying to attribute that because of cams direct play is dishonest to say the least 

wanting to see a guy not come into extraneous circumstances and see how he fairs is what most wanted anyway, cam has saw what that has done for him the last two and I guess has finally said I’ll wait not matter what for the right opportunity, good for him  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Not if they install basic and universal concepts in plays for Cam to take advantage of in his first start. That plays to strengths if a new starter.

It would logically die down when said player has to learn a new offense with a poo line and bad play calling.