• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NC declines to legalize sports betting

Mr. Scot

On 6/23/2022 at 12:42 PM, Mr. Scot said:

"buxom lass"

Completely off the subject, have you watched Outlander? If so, what do you think of it? 

I was told that I have Scotch-Irish descendants. My surname would belie that as well. I guess I'll pay for one of those DNA-Genealogical tests one day. 

I wonder what they call a lass with a big booty. 🍑

A Bonnie buxom big booty lass...that's the goal. 😄

On 6/23/2022 at 1:06 PM, Waldo said:

That is hilarious. Great story. Yeah that is a guy who is going to create a lot of trouble but some funny stories. Them days are over. It's the age of cameras and consequences. My dad used to tell us that we would all be arrested for the stuff they got up to and I am going to have to tell mine the same thing about the stuff I got up to when I was younger. 

Edit: Dad was 50's and 60's and I was 80's and 90's lol. You could see the cameras coming back then and then the images were crap lol

Cell phone cameras are going to be one of the most important inventions in history. Think about how much info is shared (good and bad) because of them. 

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Cell phone cameras are going to be one of the most important inventions in history. Think about how much info is shared (good and bad) because of them. 

True story. It's everywhere and in HD now. I just assume I am being recorded at all times now.

18 minutes ago, trueblade said:

The upstate is still really conservative. I'd be surprised if SC approved it before NC.

I'm poking at the lottery. NC didn't think their citizens would be giving SC all that $$$$. They'd thought about a lottery before that but declined to do it then SC did it.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

On 6/24/2022 at 3:23 PM, top dawg said:

Completely off the subject, have you watched Outlander? If so, what do you think of it? 

I was told that I have Scotch-Irish descendants. My surname would belie that as well. I guess I'll pay for one of those DNA-Genealogical tests one day. 

I wonder what they call a lass with a big booty. 🍑

A Bonnie buxom big booty lass...that's the goal. 😄

Descendants or ancestors?

And no, afraid I haven't seen it. I have heard of it.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Descendants or ancestors?

And no, afraid I haven't seen it. I have heard of it.

Sorry, "ancestors", most likely of the Scottish Lowland. Probably some slavemasters no doubt, but  mentioned as passing thoughts at family reunions. I'm going to try and verify by a DNA test one day. I just would like to know what my bloodlines actually are, American & African-American history being what it is. I've pretty much confirmed my English and Cherokee bloodlines.

On an off note, my maternal great great great grandfather was a very rich man named William Montfort Boylan in Raleigh. He was married to Elizabeth McCulloch. Some McCulloughs (coincidentally of the Rock Hill area) are on my other side.

You'd probably like Outlander. It is a fantastical tale, that uses science fiction, in order to tell a loose tale of the Highland Scots with some accurate historical elements. You'd probably like it (for that reason alone), as well as your wife because it's largely a love story. It may begin just a little slow, but gets really interesting by the third episode. If you have Netflix, I'd suggest it.

Edited by top dawg

On 6/22/2022 at 8:56 PM, Pimpdaddy said:

Wow...Andy and Barney Fife say no betting in Carolina... I moved to Carolina 35 years ago and couldn't buy booze in my county... it will eventually happen...maybe in Siler City...

Dry towns actually help reduce crime. I grew up in one, the towns on either side of us had higher crime rates and they were largely the same socioeconomically.

I don't personally drink alcohol, and I do believe it can be up to a town or county to make a decision to allow the sale of it or not.

Also, you didn't hear it from me, but Bovada and Express VPN are quality.