• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats a hell of a lot smarter then trotting out 2 qbs that have averaged 4 wins per year in the last 4 seasons.  Go big or go home, at least you know what you have.

4 win average?? You need to work on your math skills my friend. Throwing a rookie out with a staff as bad as you say it is would be a terrible idea. Almost as bad an intentionally tanking with Darnold.

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Beats me. Pats didn't bring Brady back, we let Cam go, the Lions couldn't keep Stafford, Montana left the 9ers, Matty Ice is no longer in ATL ... it happens. Just seems like it's more personal to you.

1. The pats (kraft) wanted brady to come back

2. Cam is/was shot, even our poo ass staff could see that

3.  Stafford played the bulk of his career in Det and gave his all and in turn they got a kings ransom for trading him

4. I dont remember the details of montana but I suspect they knew Young was way better then him at that point of his career

4. Ryan and his contract was way too much for a team in rebuild mode

none of these are even remotely close to the browns/mayfield situation

1. The pats (kraft) wanted brady to come back

2. Cam is/was shot, even our poo ass staff could see that

3.  Stafford played the bulk of his career in Det and gave his all and in turn they got a kings ransom for trading him

4. I dont remember the details of montana but I suspect they knew Young was way better then him at that point of his career

4. Ryan and his contract was way too much for a team in rebuild mode

none of these are even remotely close to the browns/mayfield situation

My point is that it's OK for a QB to change cities. ANY GM would pick Watson over Baker. That's a no brainer. We were going to bring Watson in ourselves lol. Their only option was to trade Baker. I mean props to the five of you Baker haters if he bombs. You can be smug. Me? I think Baker can be a good rental and i look forward to the season. You can be salty and blue every Sunday.

49 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Dang forgot to include you in the list too along with rayor. Very true about your thinking here. The difference is what two teams/GMs/fans can have about one player can be vastly different. Im not a Baker fan, just the cost is what Im a fan of. In 2022 less than 5 mill for a ??starter(I still got no feel if its sam/bake), thats insane value my friend. Would you like to be paying Geoff 40 million for this season or Baker for 5 mill? 

Neither, neither makes a lick of sense, at least Det got a ton of picks for taking on that contract.  And you saying baker is a starter is a bit of a reach

6-12-6-6

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Neither, neither makes a lick of sense, at least Det got a ton of picks for taking on that contract.  And you saying baker is a starter is a bit of a reach

6-12-6-6

Your talking about a rookie playing for the Cleveland Browns. 30 wins in 4 years is incredible, considering the coaching staff changes, and crazy teammates. I think Baker can win 9-12 games for us this year, if our play makers stay healthy.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

darnold wins  = 4,7, 2, 4  - 17

Mayfield wins = 6,12, 6, 6 - 30

oops its 5 my bad

4.25 for Sam and 7.5 for Baker (who will be our starter). It’s an upgrade for cheap now get on with your life man. He may not be elite but should make us more competitive than Sam. 

6-12-6-6

I put two ?? before the starter, I dont know if baker is the week one starter......but I do say hes in the lead right now. something like -

baker 70%

Sam 29.68%

Matt- .0069% 

10 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Beats me. Pats didn't bring Brady back, we let Cam go, the Lions couldn't keep Stafford, Montana left the 9ers, Matty Ice is no longer in ATL ... it happens. Just seems like it's more personal to you.

Not personal I just call it like I see it. Everywhere faker has been there has been drama and the panthers will be no different.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I put two ?? before the starter, I dont know if baker is the week one starter......but I do say hes in the lead right now. something like -

baker 70%

Sam 29.68%

Matt- .0069% 

There is no value at all if it doesnt factor into our long term plans.  We are not winning the super bowl this year and its a damn stretch with our schedule to think we will be in contention for a wildcard spot, so I just dont see the damn use of it at all.  There is no future with him.   Its another wasted season.