• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are gonna shock the world!

joemac

8 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

I think that's a fair assessment. Still lacking leadership overall, which I think is crucial in close games. 

Yeah, the ceiling is much higher but the range isn't that different. Rhule is a fuging disaster so we have a limit to our success.

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Vegas had us at 5 moved us to 6 after the trade.   Poo this all you want but if someone wants to bet against Vegas be my guest.   

Yeah, hence my top end being 8 games. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, the ceiling is much higher but the range isn't that different. Rhule is a fuging disaster so we have a limit to our success.

Yeah, hence my top end being 8 games. 

I know what you are saying.    

8 wins with baker will just be an absolute disaster 

• Pie 1

I just don’t see the pessimism I have seen the last two days. The Panthers have retooled the OL, McCaffrey will be helpful. Much stronger coaching staff and and the quarterback room has improved. This will be a much improved team. 

The tweet by Skip Bayless about the Panthers being dysfunctional and the one place he did not want Mayfield to go will come back to bite him like so many of his comments. Career wins: Deshaun Watson 28 and 26 Losses. Baker Mayfield career wins 30 and 30 losses. Cleveland paying $55.5 million for 2 quarterbacks this season. One is in Charlotte and one will be suspended. Who is dysfunctional?

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, joemac said:

I’m going on record, right here, right now. We go 10-7, make a wild card berth and make some noise in the NFC playoffs. 

Baker goes for 62%, 4200 yards, 31 TDs, 13 INTs. 

So Baker has a career year with  a worse team than he has been on for the past couple of years. 

I think its more like 59% comp, 3200 yards, 17 TDs, 13 ints,7-10, if he gets to start the whole year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't see it happening but I'd be happier than Sean Payton in a pharmacy.

You mean our next coach? Prediction time...I believe 100% that if Rhule is fired this year, Sean Payton will be our next coach which means we will get to crack all sorts of pill head jokes on that scum bag week after week which could be fun.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Said elsewhere I could easily see a scenario where the offense is much improved but the defense is...not.

Im not even sure the offense is that much improved unless Baker steps his game up. These are the numbers from last year without factoring in Baker was on a playoff ready roster and Darnold was on one of the worst coached teams in the league with no OL. I know darnold sucks with or without an OL, but still. 

Baker: 60.5% 3010 yards,17TDs, 13ints Badthrow% 20.9 OnTarget% 73.6
Darnold :59% 2527 yards,9TDs 13ints Badthrow% 18.5 OnTarget% 74.5