• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Again, Smitty is cautiously optimistic about Mayfield

GRWatcher

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

His bread is buttered by the NFL Network, which would benefit more from Stephen A. and Shannon Sharpe negative hot takes. Pandering to a small market fanbase is  buttering a whole baguette with a pat of butter.

Yeah as an employee of the NFL network he is by extension an employee of ownerships. They say fluff and he either fluffs or he can go join the 'sports media' cesspool and leave his cushy job. 

If they started throwing those kinds of stones that the clickbait crowd lives by then billionaires with egos to match could get motivated in all the wrong ways. It is basically nothing more than Panthers.com for the NFL: information, propaganda & marketing and not journalism. 

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Jake was a top 15-20 QB.  Berlien was a top 15-20 QB.

Yeah exactly.  You can win and be competitive as long as you have decent play from the position.  Darnold was far from decent.  Jake at the middle of the pack go to as many Super Bowls and an elite talent like Cam did for us.  People seem stuck on this we have to get a top 5 QB on suck until we do...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Top Tier (1-4):
P.Mahomes, A.Rogers, J.Allen, T.Brady

Next Level (5-11)
J.Burrow, L.Jackson, J.Herbert, M.Stafford, D.Watson, D.Carr, R.Wilson

Starting Caliber (12-15)
D.Prescott, K.Cousins, K.Murray, R.Tannehill

Ups & Downs (16-20):
M.Ryan, J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, J.Garoppolo, Mac Jones

Time Will Tell... (21-23):
T.Lawrence, J.Fields, Z.Wilson

Bottom Rung (24-32):
J.Winston, C.Wentz, M.Trubisky, D.Lock, J.Goff, D.Jones, D.Mills, M.Mariotta, T.Tagovailoa

I would put Tagovailoa in the Time Will Tell tier, and Dakota (as much as I hate Dallas) in the Next Level tier. I also, without a doubt and probably some consternation, put Russ in the top tier.

I might eliminate the Starting Caliber tier altogether and drop all of them down to the Ups & Downs tier.

Edited by top dawg

22 minutes ago, bruceleeroy said:

Anyone throwing Burrow and Herbert in above Baker make me laugh.

If Baker was as good as Herbert or Burrow half the league would have been clamoring to trade for him when he became available. 

If he were as good as either of them, the Browns never trade for Watson. 

You dont get a Herbert or Burrow level talent for a conditional 5th and ~5m

Lay off the crack.

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

39 minutes ago, bruceleeroy said:

Anyone throwing Burrow and Herbert in above Baker make me laugh.

Wait, what?

Baker should be above the guy who just took his team on his shoulders to the Super Bowl, and below the guy who in just two seasons has more game winning drives than Baker has in four?  Go watch some football man.  Burrow and Herbert are the next generation unless something derails them.  Those boys can play.

Gimme some of what you're smokin I guess.

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Gonna be some really disappointed fans when Baker doesn’t turn this team around.  All the same excuses were thrown around last offseason when they trade for Sam.  

At least it will be very easy to walk away if he fails.  No future 2nd and $18.5 million dollar extension.