• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral

razorwolf

I haven't heard or seen anything. Training camp starts Tuesday, and haven't heard anything about Corral signing a rookie contract! So Corral has until the time of the day of training camp or he'd have to sit out of training camp until he signs his rookie contract. So has anyone heard of rumors or anything on his rookie deal?

Sportrac has his projected contract at $5m over 4 years....He will probably get time vs. Sam Howell of the Commanders during the first preseason game...Cannot believe Howell was not taken until round 5--behind 4th rounder Bailey Zappe. 

I personally think that both Corral and Howell have upside and could be some of the drafts best steals when we look back in a few years.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I personally think that both Corral and Howell have upside and could be some of the drafts best steals when we look back in a few years.

They were my top two QBs this draft, and that was for their upside. I think they will surprise. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Ridder signed a couple days ago and Malik just signed this morning, they were all holding out for more guaranteed money

I don't believe that we know what the hold up was. Do they really have the power to hold franchises' feet to the fire? Not really. Sometimes it's simply the offset language in the contract. It doesn't have to be about "more money", just the guarantees.

Glad we do not have to stress over rookie contracts any longer. I remember this like it was just a few years ago...

Tshimanga Biakabutuka ended his 27-day holdout Friday, arriving in Charlotte with a bundle of money and a lot of work waiting for him.

Biakabutuka signed a seven-year deal worth $12.653 million to play for the Carolina Panthers. He will not play tonight when the Panthers take on the Buffalo Bills in Ericsson Stadium, and his availability for the season-opener is also in question.The 22-year-old running back admitted he has a lot of catching up to do before he can even think about playing in the NFL.

``It's been tough, but I'm happy to be here as a Panther,' an unsmiling Biakabutuka said. ``The negotiations are over now.'

As recently as a couple of days ago, it looked as if the rookie would never play in Charlotte. Biakabutuka held out through a bitter negotiation process during which barbs were lobbed between the Panthers and the rookie's agent, Carl Poston. The name-calling continued through Wednesday night, ending only after the two sides agreed to a truce.

BIAKABUTUKA, PANTHERS END 27-DAY SIEGE\ ROOKIE SIGNS 7-YEAR DEAL FOR 12.653M | | greensboro.com

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't believe that we know what the hold up was. Do they really have the power to hold franchises' feet to the fire? Not really. Sometimes it's simply the offset language in the contract. It doesn't have to be about "more money", just the guarantees.

• Pie 1