• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News from other NFL camps

Mr. Scot

15 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

not amazing but not bad. Still hard to believe that there was 1st round hype on the kid. His throwing motion is so weird to me, and he leaves his feet on 3-4 throws… so odd to see…. Almost Doug flutie-esque

If that's my 3rd round rookie QB in his first live NFL action I'm pleased. He didn't look overwhelmed and showed a legit NFL arm and plus athleticism. Overall, I'd consider that a positive preseason debut. Anyone expecting him to be running around like Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick just wasn't being realistic. Yeah, he can run a little bit. But this guy got ran down by some small school LBs. He ain't Lamar or Vick.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If that's my 3rd round rookie QB in his first live NFL action I'm pleased. He didn't look overwhelmed and showed a legit NFL arm and plus athleticism. Overall, I'd consider that a positive preseason debut. Anyone expecting him to be running around like Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick just wasn't being realistic. Yeah, he can run a little bit. But this guy got ran down by some small school LBs. He ain't Lamar or Vick.

He isn’t Vick or Lamar, but he looks every bit as good as Hurts running the ball. These are NFL players in his first start and he was running away from them and running over some in his way. He also has a stronger arm than Hurts. If he can learn the system/progressions he can be a solid starting QB in this league.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Personally, I don’t think the argument that he got ran down by smaller school LB’s diminishes how fast he is. Kids who run 4.4’s also play at small school’s… so getting run down by one small school LB who happens to be fast isn’t some slight. In reality, 9 out of the top 20 (nearly half) 40 times at this years combine came from smaller school players.

Willis was clocked at 20.58MPH during the senior bowl, only Kyler Murray was clocked with a faster time this past year.

I think Willis is plenty fast and while he might not be as laterally quick as Vick or Jackson, he has solid straight line speed. I also think he has the ability to fight through arm tackles much better than most of the other mobile QB’s in todays game.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Personally, I don’t think the argument that he got ran down by smaller school LB’s diminishes how fast he is. Kids who run 4.4’s also play at small school’s… so getting run down by one small school LB who happens to be fast isn’t some slight. In reality, 9 out of the top 20 (nearly half) 40 times at this years combine came from smaller school players.

Willis was clocked at 20.58MPH during the senior bowl, only Kyler Murray was clocked with a faster time this past year.

I think Willis is plenty fast and while he might not be as laterally quick as Vick or Jackson, he has solid straight line speed. I also think he has the ability to fight through arm tackles much better than most of the other mobile QB’s in todays game.

Exactly. If nothing else Willis looked much better than a 3rd round rookie who needs to sit. I’m curious to see how Corral and Howell do this weekend. I know it’s crazy early, but there is a chance this draft class got overlooked…

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

54 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Looks like an instant upgrade over Sam to me already

46 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Clocked speed isn't a great measure Josh Norman was clocked at over 22 MPH on an INT return and he was a 4.7 40 guy on a good day.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a raw but very talented 3rd round pick. What were they expecting? Lamar Jackson?

Gotta have realistic expectations. Willis basically needs a redshirt year at the NFL level. Just enjoy seeing the flashes of talent and maybe next year at this time you can start to understand what you might have in him. Panthers fans should be taking the same approach with Matt Corral.

Running never gonna be close to Lamar he and Vick stand alone with pure speed..... that said In a few years I could easily see him surpassing Lamars career high season passing yards of 3200.

6 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Clocked speed isn't a great measure Josh Norman was clocked at over 22 MPH on an INT return and he was a 4.7 40 guy on a good day.

Your numbers are off. He was clocked at 21.19 on an interception return and his 40 time was a 4.66, a time he improved to 4.57 at Coastal’s pro day.

I’ll give it to you that clocked speed isn’t the best indicator because the further the distance the more time to build up speed. But just taking a look at the clocked speed list, all of the guys listed are guys that you’d consider to be some of the fastest in the NFL (https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-fastest-players-2021-tyreek-hill-lamar-jackson/bhytiud9irwa1094y4kt7bqfl).

I’ll also mention that a QB hitting a time over 20 MPH is a pretty good indicator of their speed because most QB’s aren’t breaking long runs where they have time to build up that speed.

Willis isn’t as fast as Lamar and Vick but he’s still very fast. In reality he runs a little clunky which probably appears slower to the naked eye. All the numbers seem to indicate that he’s still a very fast player.

• Pie 1