• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Is Confused

WUnderhill

5 hours ago, Darknight said:

People love to bash him just to bash him. That's the cool thing to do now.

He’s provided enough subject matter over two years to warrant all the bashing. 

those defending him are just doing so that on the off chance he catches some success, they can come back and say “see, I backed him all the way.”

22 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

He’s provided enough subject matter over two years to warrant all the bashing. 

those defending him are just doing so that on the off chance he catches some success, they can come back and say “see, I backed him all the way.”

Yep it's that. The funny thing is one of the loudest pro Rhule posters in this very thread last summer vowed to serve up crow to everyone who said Sam Darnold wasn't the answer. By December they disappeared 🤣

Edited by frankw

8 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

"My job is not to pick the starting quarterback. I will make the decision but it's the guys' play. The best player will play."

The real quote for those who have problems with quotes.

Makes me think back to when he kept starting Erving over Brady…

2 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

“I want us to be a competitive team,” he said. “I talk about competition all the time, meaning you gotta fight for what you want. Again, my job is not to pick the starting quarterback. I have to make that decision. It’s the guys’ play. Russell Wilson, ya know, walked into a situation in Seattle with Matt Flynn, who had just had a guaranteed contract and Charlie Whitehurst, they just traded for, and he won the job. So I want competition. The best player will play.”

Unfortunately we don't have journalists. We have Twitter

That’s not the quote I’m talking about. The quote I’m referencing in op is from a video on ESPN.com, taken from a Matt Rhule presser.

ESPN unfortunately did not give me any option to copy link or embed, at least not on mobile. It’s not far down on the panthers team page.

12 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

This has been posted multiple times.  First off Rhule has last say on the roster.  Second off if you listen to the whole quote before you try to bash him he was just saying it's the players play the will ultimately decide the starter.  Aka it's an open competition. 

Why they gave a coach with little NFL experience full roster control is beyond ridiculous. Tepper gave HURNEY roster control over one of the best defensive coaches in the league in Ron Rivera yet gave it to Rhule, who is good at what, exactly?

31 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

That’s not the quote I’m talking about. The quote I’m referencing in op is from a video on ESPN.com, taken from a Matt Rhule presser.

ESPN unfortunately did not give me any option to copy link or embed, at least not on mobile. It’s not far down on the panthers team page.

Don't see any video of Rhule.  You talking about this:

image.png.4a8c6ab0694c372adbd3913e0eb4c61d.png

or this:

image.png.c66745386a0a64aea9d62a77208797f5.png

Both are from the press conference 2 days ago.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/car/carolina-panthers

Edited by poundaway

I’m not a Rhule fan it’s just super old watching our own fans bash him/the team religiously. The contrarian in me now has to defend Matt Rhule/the team. I hope he turns it around. I really doubt he does but I hope he does the hatred he’s getting is od imho but I get it at the same time.

Edited by CashNewton22
  • Beer 1

I don't know what the quote is or really care. All I do know is a ma a fan of the team but not of Rhule and I still think he is in way over his head in the NFL unless one of our coordinators or assistants can help him along and hold his hand this season. With that said I still hope the team wins and wins like hell but I'm definitely not going to believe we are super bowl bound. Hope and belief are two very different things. I do like this gif though so I'm posting it as well.dumb spider man GIF

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Why they gave a coach with little NFL experience full roster control is beyond ridiculous. Tepper gave HURNEY roster control over one of the best defensive coaches in the league in Ron Rivera yet gave it to Rhule, who is good at what, exactly?

To be fair in the 2 seasons he took over a very old roster with holes everywhere and now our roster is much younger and much fewer holes overall.  It just happens that we still dont know for sure if we have filled the QB hole which is the most important by far.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

To be fair in the 2 seasons he took over a very old roster with holes everywhere and now our roster is much younger and much fewer holes overall.  It just happens that we still dont know for sure if we have filled the QB hole which is the most important by far.

It's not whether there were or were no holes. It's that they gave it to Rhule to fix. Fitterer is a good GM, let him do his job.

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

It's not whether there were or were no holes. It's that they gave it to Rhule to fix. Fitterer is a good GM, let him do his job.

On paper they seem to be working together pretty well so far besides the huddle blaming any move they dont like on Rhule and praising fitterer for any move they like.

• Pie 1