• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Panthers Camp Updates

Zod

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:
39 minutes ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

Jackie Lee is King of this place though. Dude is providing CONTENT. Thank you for your service. 

He's definitely posting a lot of content today.

Lighting the candle rather than cursing the darkness as the saying goes...

Jackie Lee was the first member of the press on the field today!

-sorry, I had to do it.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i think you are just trying to feel better about being late for everything

welcome to the discusion. dont worry i wont hold your tardiness against you. i know you probably arent the lazy bum your timing clearly says you are.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

welcome to the discusion. dont worry i wont hold your tardiness against you. i know you probably arent the lazy bum your timing clearly says you are.

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

you want your leader, among other things, to be the first guy there and maybe even the last guy to leave. It sets the tone and it shows greater discipline than those who just show up "whenever".

it's not the only thing you want to see, but it's something you want to see and it matters in the big picture...especially for someone wanting to step up into a leadership position.

CJ Saunders was WR#3 or 4 today? Kid was a Pro-day find when we went and looked at J. Fields (Players from the previous year were allowed to participate because of COVID cancellations the previous year) prior to the 2021 draft. He was a UDFA addition in 2021 after that Pro-Day, if I remember correctly. On the PS last year. I remember looking him up last year and his 40 time was really slow for a moderately-sized WR. Does his resume include 1st WR on the field? IMO its interesting he's getting 1st team reps.

Edited by Michael G

You guys do understand that while the guys showing up early does show initiative, it isn't necessarily about that right? It's because these guys know that have to put in extra work to have a shot. Corral has a lot to learn. Getting on the field early gives him more time to fine tune smaller things so that when the team is out there, he doesnt have to worry about that stuff. So... Give it a rest. Does it show leadership and drive? Sure. Is that what it ALWAYS means? No.

For those that have been here long enough, Jeremy Leman LB was always the first one on the field at camp when he signed as an undrafted free agent. And he stayed late. Everyday. He KNEW he was on the outside looking in. AND HE WAS CUT ANYWAY. So neither side of the argument is completely right. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Michael G said:

CJ Saunders was WR#3 or 4 today? Kid was a Pro-day find when we went and looked at J. Fields (Players from the previous year were allowed to participate because of COVID cancellations the previous year) prior to the 2021 draft. He was a UDFA addition in 2021 after that Pro-Day, if I remember correctly. On the PS last year. I remember looking him up last year and he 40 time was really slow for a moderately-sized WR. Does his reume include 1st WR on the field? He's getting 1st team reps.

Went to Ohio State as a walk-on cornerback in 2016...Transitioned to wide receiver and earned a scholarship in 2017, making 17 receptions for 221 yards and a touchdown...Made 10 catches for 73 yards in 2018...Named a captain prior to 2019 season, but did not play due to injury...Spent time helping OSU coaching staff in 2020 while preparing for Buckeyes Pro Day...Three-time All-Academic Big 10 honoree.

The guy that had 27 receptions for 284 yards and 1 TD in college (total). It's remarkable that he's even on a team! He did catch 2 passes for 11 yards in our last game last season.

3 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

You guys do understand that while the guys showing up early does show initiative, it isn't necessarily about that right? It's because these guys know that have to put in extra work to have a shot. Corral has a lot to learn. Getting on the field early gives him more time to fine tune smaller things so that when the team is out there, he doesnt have to worry about that stuff. So... Give it a rest. Does it show leadership and drive? Sure. Is that what it ALWAYS means? No.

For those that have been here long enough, Jeremy Leman LB was always the first one on the field at camp when he signed as an undrafted free agent. And he stayed late. Everyday. He KNEW he was on the outside looking in. AND HE WAS CUT ANYWAY. So neither side of the argument is completely right. 

On the flip side, Norman put in a ton of extra work, and even bought a jugs machine for his backyard. And it worked out for him. Doesn't need to be said, but no one becomes a professional athlete without working their ass off.

4 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

On the flip side, Norman put in a ton of extra work, and even bought a jugs machine for his backyard. And it worked out for him. Doesn't need to be said, but no one becomes a professional athlete without working their ass off.

Exactly. But he was putting in the work because he needed it and he knew it. It had nothing to do with leadership or showing initiative to the coaches. He knew he might have a chance if he worked more on certain things. So he did. Simply saying that some of these guys are going on the field first not because of what this shows the coaches but more so what it does for their chances because they put in the extra work and get better

• Flames 1