• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Panthers Camp Updates

Zod

2 minutes ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

my God some of ya'll are insufferable. Gotta scroll through 10 pages of this "who's on first" bs to get to actual news. Combined with the Corral stroke-off yesterday and wow I can't wait to see what random, mundane topic two people can hold the entire board hostage with tomorrow! 

ya'll are about to make me sign up for a stupid effing twitter just to cut out all of this unnecessary fluff. 

image.jpeg.02f349b09ba698e397545e716212e3ce.jpeg

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, UnderTheSea said:

Face it. We don't have a QB. If Baker wasn't trash we wouldn't have got him  for nothing.

You know what they say about trash. 

We got him for nothing from CLEVELAND. The Browns. The worst organization in the NFL and it's not even really close aside from maybe Jacksonville. So I don't consider what we gave up to get him. Baker led the Browns to a playoff win in Pittsburgh and they very nearly upset the Chiefs. 

Baker will be fine, especially in this offense. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

study your playbook, help out a teammate, or by all means go out early if he has nothing better to do. but for the love of smitty, don't do it because you think it shows youre better than the next guy. it doesnt.

All that stuff is fine, it shows initiative, just like coming out early and getting prepared does. All of it is noticed… you realize that there are coaches in the locker room right? They’d notice a player doing those same things you pointed out.

• Pie 1

Sam Darnold is always going to look good in practice. His problem is when defenses are allowed to hit you and he starts seeing ghosts. Baker doesn't panic like Darnold does which is why he's gonna be the starter week 1.

7 minutes ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

my God some of ya'll are insufferable. Gotta scroll through 10 pages of this "who's on first" bs to get to actual news. Combined with the Corral stroke-off yesterday and wow I can't wait to see what random, mundane topic two people can hold the entire board hostage with tomorrow! 

ya'll are about to make me sign up for a stupid effing twitter just to cut out all of this unnecessary fluff. 

So, Situation normal?

• Beer 2

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

We got him for nothing from CLEVELAND. The Browns. The worst organization in the NFL and it's not even really close aside from maybe Jacksonville. So I don't consider what we gave up to get him. Baker led the Browns to a playoff win in Pittsburgh and they very nearly upset the Chiefs. 

Since '18 the Browns org has been better than here. Darnold's situations have made Bakers situations look like Park Ave don't get how people don't see that

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

8 minutes ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

The post I responded to specifically said "meeting room". Anyone showing up to work early doesn't have enough to do at home. It's also nearly impossible when you have kids.

In terms of football, it's not like the other guys are straggling to the field late because they've been playing games or farting around. Odd's are they are communicating with their guys, checking the plan for the day, reading the playbook, studying notes from the previous day's practice, etc.

In other words, practice doesn't start once you get on the field, especially for a QB. 

Those are all good things to do but as someone who is in a locker room every day and has been in a locker room at the college level… that’s not the case. It’s probably different in the pro’s but in college and definitely HS, we want the kids out ASAP. Pro’s is probably a little bit different but at the end of the day the earlier you get out and are ready to go the earlier we can get started. Especially if we are starting with positional drills.

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

They literally let him go for next to nothing, while eating 2/3 of his salary, and threw away the family fortune (Three 1st round picks and a $230M fully guaranteed contract) for a QB that is unlikely to play this year, again! I don't give a fug what someone that dumb considers trash.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Urrymonster2 said:

15 pages yesterday with a handful of tweets but an abundance of people arguing.

11 pages today and counting and it’s the same

Please can we keep these threads focused on aggregating updates, it’s so annoying having to skim page after page of internet bickering

What you don’t like the 8 chapters on arriving to practice? 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

22 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

study your playbook, help out a teammate, or by all means go out early if he has nothing better to do. but for the love of smitty, don't do it because you think it shows youre better than the next guy. it doesnt.

I appreciate the late surge, but that Rippadong dude already has 'cartoonishly obnoxious alt of the year' pretty much locked down already. 

• Beer 1