• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It hurts

onmyown

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oy 😕

Look guys, I know everyone likes to throw their tinfoil hat on when it comes to this one, but the reality is they just flat beat us.

Our coaches were morons when it came to that game.

Beat us by repeatedly headshotting Cam with no flags. Not being called offsides on our two missed field goals. The Cotchery catch. All of that would have changed the game. 

The refs didn’t like Cam and let us know it by hand holding Peyton Manning into the sunset.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oy 😕

Look guys, I know everyone likes to throw their tinfoil hat on when it comes to this one, but the reality is they just flat beat us.

No doubt our coaching staff deciding we were just going to caveman it strategy-wise didn't help, but that's who we were every year under Rivera.  I remember the Seahawks players stating that specifically when asked about us and they essentially said "They're not a team that adjusts or schemes per opponent.  They say, 'this is what we do.  Can you beat it?'"    So yeah, that factored in.  But we were damn good at what we did that year, and Cam was unstoppable.  Yes there were matchup issues, but we were still the better team and we got absolutely hosed and no one will ever tell me any different.  Every time we gained the slightest momentum, Blakeman and his punk ass crew would call a phantom penalty to out us in a situation that allowed Miller and Ware to pin their ears back and have a field day, KNOWING that our biggest flaw was the tackles.  Add to that the Cotchery call, them letting Aqib almost rip Philly Brown's head off and not getting thrown out, them letting them run offside on a crucial FG attempt with no call, them not getting called for blatant holding all game but we do anytime we break off a play or convert for a first down, and yeah...  I can see why Wolfe felt that was the easiest game ever.  And as a guy who has been a Manning fan since following him in college, he was pathetic that year.  He could barely get the ball 15 yards downfield.  The league handed them that chip before they even got off the bus and used the biggest platform possible to humble/humilaite Cam to send a message in favor of the old guard.  Never forget...  when is the last time you saw a player forced to give their post game presser right next to a guy from the other team bragging about how easily they just beat you, and after a Super Bowl to boot??

That was the biggest sham in the history of sports.  Period.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit if a disgruntled employee surfaces years from now and reveal a Tim Donaghy-style fix was in for that game, because it's no doubt in my mind there was.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Wasn’t the replay official and his family from Denver and big Broncos fans? I vaguely remember there being a story about the replay officials’ family positing pictures on social media with Clete Blakeman and the officials wife was decked out in Broncos garb.

I believe the NFL had to release a statement saying that the replay official wasn’t responsible for calls but just there to facilitate conversation between Blandino and Blakeman. Not sure of the accuracy of that.

Oy 😕

I would say the refs letting Van Miller earhole Cam and get away with it contributed a lot to the outcome of the game. Especially since he did it twice and got a turnover both times.

Yeah they beat us alright.  Those two plays change the entire game. Both should have been roughing the passer calls.

F*ck them all.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oy 😕

I know you are a company man about these things but this isn't true.  The analysis on this game was like 20 some missed calls against us, it was actually insane.  No calls on personal fouls, batting fumbles, Cotchery catch, a lot of stuff that adds up.  I mean not to mention the many many "storyline" super bowls since Goodell took over.  But really just watch this game, it's quite obvious.  This is a league that just keeps bad refs each year.  The NFL can legally push games one way or the other, they are the same filing status as the WWE.  I don't think it always works but they went heavy handed in this game.  They couldn't have Manning lose.  And ratings drops in the SB means advertisers get to pay less I believe, or it was like that.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

As inept as our coaching was, if they find a way to block Von Miller on two plays and then cover one punt, we STILL win that game.

Funny thing there is it's been revealed since that the failure to block Miller wasn't necessarily on the coaches.

Story came out a few years back that the coaches actually did call for someone to help Mike Remmers block Von Miller, but for reasons known only to God and that player (rumored to have been Mike Tolbert) they just didn't do it.

That's a story I would damn well love to hear an explanation for 🤬

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I would say the refs letting Van Miller earhole Cam and get away with it contributed a lot to the outcome of the game. Especially since he did it twice and got a turnover both times.

Yeah they beat us alright.  Those two plays change the entire game. Both should have been roughing the passer calls.

F*ck them all.

And if we looked back at just about every single Super Bowl in history, you could find similar plays, especially in recent years. Anymore, playoff officials always tend to be given a "let them play" emphasis from the league.

Hell that's even true in the regular season these days. Remember a while back when refs were told to let stuff go unless it was "blatant"? And even there, some people's definition of "blatant" was a lot more loose than others.

I get that people are mad about that game, but blaming the refs is silly.

Again, this is especially true when you remember that just a few weeks prior, Atlanta had basically given everyone the blueprint for beating us. Mike Shula vs Wade Phillips was already a serious mismatch. Phillips having that game film in his pocket made it all that much worse.

But hey, when your favorite team loses, it's rigged, right?

Yet always perfectly fair and square when your favorite team wins, of course 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot

And if we looked back at just about every single Super Bowl in history, you could find similar plays, especially in recent years. Anymore, playoff officials always tend to be given a "let them play" emphasis from the league.

Hell that's even true in the regular season these days. Remember a while back when refs were told to let stuff go unless it was "blatant"? And even there, some people's definition of "blatant" was a lot more loose than others.

I get that people are mad about that game, but blaming the refs is silly.

Again, this is especially true when you remember that just a few weeks prior, Atlanta had basically given everyone the blueprint for beating us. Mike Shula vs Wade Phillips was already a serious mismatch. Phillips having that game film in his pocket made it all that much worse.

But hey, when your favorite team loses, it's rigged, right?

Yet always perfectly fair and square when your favorite team wins, of course 😕

dumb and dumber to GIF

• Flames 1