• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wednesday training camp thread

Zod

3 hours ago, Tommy Jone said:

Went to TC today. Baker is a great dude. He gave a practice ball away to my disabled brother in law. Spent a good amount of time talking to him and taking pictures. I was totally blown away

He’s knows to do this. people really should stop getting their info from browns fans. Their brains are currently suffering from rot. 

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Man it sounds like he is maturing.  I mean he is saying and doing all the right things (changing his contract for incentives, welcoming the open competition, practicing with WRs during dead periods).  IF and I know it's a big IF he has matured, his photographic memory with his arm talent could very well be a steal for us.  I want to get excited, but I will need to "see it to believe it" at this point.

He did all these things before..

22 minutes ago, frankw said:

Players liked Ron Rivera too. Last time we saw that guy his team was kicking our ass. Matt has as much to prove as anyone.

I wouldn't use that as a measuring stick.  We kicked his ass the year before with a D of rookies, TB at QB, no CMC, Trent Scott at LT, and a rookie Matt Rhule as HC ....in Washington. 

We've swapped games. 

7 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I wouldn't use that as a measuring stick.  We kicked his ass the year before with a D of rookies, TB at QB, no CMC, Trent Scott at LT, and a rookie Matt Rhule as HC ....in Washington. 

We've swapped games. 

3-9 divisional record and lost to every fired head coach last year. How's that for a measuring stick? He can shut everyone up this season though. Hopefully Baker is the answer.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, joemac said:

Might be part of the reason our run D was so poo the last 2/3 of the year or so.  Kinda hard to stack up when you have 6 DBs and 2 LBs on the field as your base D. 

It’s why I actually question Snow’s approach and if he’s the right guy. Once the college-gimmick faded, we got run over the second half of the season.

It’s also why Brown looked bad.

We were best against the run with a 4 man front when YGM was in. go figure lol

• Pie 2