• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking down the Panthers 2022 schedule

hepcat

"LIKELY CASE: 6-7 wins" Every year there are teams that we all predicted would be good, but take a step back, for whatever reason. Also, there are teams that improve, that we don't predict, so that makes it a wash. That being said, I don't see how us upgrading:

1. our coaching staff- McAdoo, Wilks, Tabor, much better than what we had last year

2. our O line- Ickey, Corbett, Bozeman

3. QB-Baker Mayfield healthy like 2020 3,563 yards,  26 TDs,8 int

4. Special Teams- Hekker, healthy Gonzalez (instead of kicker carousel

5. D line- Added Matt Lionidis minus Hason Reddick- admittedly I think a little worse

6. CB's- a healthy Jaycee Horn, a better CJ Henderson

All of these improvements and we only win ONE MORE GAME???? Come on man!!!  I will admit I am probably a homer, but I see our floor at about 8 wins. last year we also lost 7 games by one score or less!

I'll bet the 8 wins or more wins all day!!!

• Pie 4

I don't know that I'd call the Browns a likely win. The run game was their strength last year and our major weakness. Not sure that's changed much.

Against the Giants, Brian Daboll vs Phil Snow isn't a coaching matchup I feel good about.

We've yet to sweep the Falcons under Rhule. Not sure I'd expect this to be the year.

Beating the Steelers doesn't really feel all that likely to me either, especially not late in the season.

The Lions probably would have beaten us last year, maybe this year too.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that I'd call the Browns a likely win. The run game was their strength last year and our major weakness. Not sure that's changed much.

Against the Giants, Brian Daboll vs Phil Snow isn't a coaching matchup I feel good about.

We've yet to sweep the Falcons under Rhule. Not sure I'd expect this to be the year.

Beating the Steelers doesn't really feel all that likely to me either, especially not late in the season.

The Lions probably would have beaten us last year, maybe this year too.

I do think you're overestimating the Falcons. I'm not sure about much this season, but I am sure about the Falcons being bad. 

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

I do think you're overestimating the Falcons. I'm not sure about much this season, but I am sure about the Falcons being bad. 

I get that, but I also can't forget that last year five teams who were so bad they fired their coaches (including the Falcons) still beat us.

58 minutes ago, Louie said:

"LIKELY CASE: 6-7 wins" Every year there are teams that we all predicted would be good, but take a step back, for whatever reason. Also, there are teams that improve, that we don't predict, so that makes it a wash. That being said, I don't see how us upgrading:

1. our coaching staff- McAdoo, Wilks, Tabor, much better than what we had last year

2. our O line- Ickey, Corbett, Bozeman

3. QB-Baker Mayfield healthy like 2020 3,563 yards,  26 TDs,8 int

4. Special Teams- Hekker, healthy Gonzalez (instead of kicker carousel

5. D line- Added Matt Lionidis minus Hason Reddick- admittedly I think a little worse

6. CB's- a healthy Jaycee Horn, a better CJ Henderson

All of these improvements and we only win ONE MORE GAME???? Come on man!!!  I will admit I am probably a homer, but I see our floor at about 8 wins. last year we also lost 7 games by one score or less!

I'll bet the 8 wins or more wins all day!!!

If this team was playing last year's schedule, I could see 8 wins as a "likely" scenario. Unfortunately this season's schedule is far more difficult. Swapping out the NFC East for the NFC West sucks. The only good thing about the 2022 season, is the Falcons are certainly going to be worse, the Saints are probably going to be worse, and the Panthers might have Christian McCaffrey for more than half the season. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get that, but I also can't forget that last year five teams who were so bad they fired their coaches (including the Falcons) still beat us.

Eh true BUT the Falcons might be the least talented team on offense the NFL has seen in many years. They could win only 1-2 games I'm not kidding.