• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Rodgers was drafted and then the #2

Answer my questions.  Is MC a bigger project then Willis?  And what prospect has been developed this way?

Answer this. If we didn't sign Baker would MC be getting more reps and would there be a much bigger push to get him developed. When we got Baker it changed everything. He will be the starter. PJ is simply insurance in the event Corrall takes longer to learn the playbook and translate it to the field. Hopefully no one sees the field beside Baker at QB

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Answer this. If we didn't sign Baker would MC be getting more reps and would there be a much bigger push to get him developed. When we got Baker it changed everything. He will be the starter. PJ is simply insurance in the event Corrall takes longer to learn the playbook and translate it to the field. Hopefully no one sees the field beside Baker at QB

You first.  Why won't you answer.   Oh I know why........

15 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Is it even McAdoo’s plan? How do we know it’s not Rhule’s? Rhule seems to be the hands on guy that likes to double check his employees work to make sure they didn’t deviate from the way he likes things done.

Like I said in another thread. Walker shouldn’t be blamed for being on the team and going out there and giving his best, I think there’s a place somewhere for him in this league whether it be a QB3 or on a PS.

With that said, the coaching staff is butchering the handling of every single one of these QB’s. I can honestly sit here and tell you that if there’s a plan know one can decipher it. That’s why we are having this conversation right now.

Obviously no one knows for sure what Tepper said but we know the official line of him supporting Rhule belied the narrative he was upset and embarrassed by his mistake in hiring Rhule and the poor results. The narrative has been that football guys came in who have head coach experience to fix the football side. Guys who have strong egos and lots of experience. Why bring them in and micromanage them. If you were McAdoo would you be OC if you couldn't design and run the offense. And Rhule would be a fool to try and overrule McAdoo especially when you have failed on your own the first 2 years.

Edited by panthers55

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Obviously no one knows for sure what Tepper said but we know the official line of him supporting Rhule belied the narrative he was upset and embarrassed by his mistake in hiring Rhule and the poor results. The narrative has been that football guys came in who have head coach experience to fix the football side. Guys who have strong egos and lots of experience. Why bring them in and micromanage them. If you were McAdoo would you be OC if you couldn't design and run the offense. Especially when you have failed on your own the first 2 years

Running an offense and delegating reps and assignments are two different things. It’s called corporate America. The understudy does all the work while the boss tells him what to do and takes credit for his work.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Running an offense and delegating reps and assignments are two different things. It’s called corporate America. The understudy does all the work while the boss tells him what to do and takes credit for his work.

Unless the understudy was brought in to fix his bosses screw upset and the little boss was told by the big boss to let the understudy do his job or he might have his job.

29 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

No. You.keep saying the same thing and again talk to McAdoo he obviously has a plan that you can like or hate. It isn't my plan and until I was on the field how could I know what is happening behind closed doors.  I just told it to you I can't understand it for you.

Yeah, that’s what people are doing.  Voicing they hate the plan.   You are essentially digging in that people can’t/shouldn’t question the plan and the plan maker. 

Matt Rhule hasn’t earned that.   In fact he has earned the opposite.  He has earned the rep that he should be questioned.   

Just now, panthers55 said:

Unless the understudy was brought in to fix his bosses screw upset and the little boss was told by the big boss to let the understudy do his job or he might have his job.

If that’s the case then once again, the organization looks like a poo show, you don’t keep someone around your organization that you constantly have to clean up after.

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Maybe it was me but both Baker and Darnold looked good to me. Don't folks complain about not enough reps when there is a problem.

You have to choose one, that's the point. Giving them equal reps does nothing. There is one distinct intangible between the two and that is that one carries himself with confidence and the other looks scared half the time. If all else is equal, you go with the guy that the team will follow. 

Darnold probably would've benefitted greatly from a Mahomes situation where he sat and then got to go the next year with Andy Ried or something. But he's damaged goods in my uneducated football opinion.

33 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

How many mental reps did Rodgers get behind Favre. Honestly I don't know do you?? Why is this such a big deal when likely McAdoo is controlling QB reps.

Favre is not in the building. We aren't in the running for anything. Putting another wayward QB in front of the "future" is just the Fhulishness Cam didn't want to return  to. Rhule is probably thinking he'll run a two QB system with Sam and Baker. Everybody knows Rhule is trying to hide Corral. Coddle him. Crush his spirit until he loves donuts.

29 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Do explain cause I’m lost… I thought Corral was the rookie and needed to be brought along slowly… not Baker.

Maybe I’m misreading.

Corral was insurance in case we didn't get Baker and it was leverage to get a better price on Baker since drafting Corral meant we didn't need to trade for one.  When we got Baker that changed the urgency with Corral and made PJ totally expendable. He is only here to share reps in camp while Corral gets things down. From what Baker said this offense is complicated. Why is it hard to believe that Corral is struggling absorbing everything that even Baker said was tough.

Just now, rippadonn said:

Favre is not in the building. We aren't in the running for anything. Putting another wayward QB in front of the "future" is just the Fhulishness Cam didn't want to return  to. Rhule is probably thinking he'll run a two QB system with Sam and Baker. Everybody knows Rhule is trying to hide Corral. Coddle him. Crush his spirit until he loves donuts.

You assume people are holding Corral back. What if he were having difficulty getting our complicated offense down.  Baker said it was different from what he has seen before and was more complicated.  Maybe he needs mostly mental reps. I really don't know but no one is going to say he is struggling.