• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Well, I don't think that Rhule is making all of the decisions now, so we'll see what if anything has changed...

So you think Ben McAdoo is the one throwing Sam Darnold, Elflein, Jordan, etc out there as co-starters at this point?   

I mean, whoever you deem is making those decisions.  It all comes back to Matt Rhule.  There is no sound reason for anyone to be doing some of this.  We aren't week 1 at Wofford.   It's either a charade gone to far or they are clueless. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It's beyond obvious Matt Rhule needs to go back to college.

C'mon Tepper, finally get a clue. Pull your head out of wherever it is and fire this guy for ALL of us.

It's over. He's not capable. It's painfully obvious. He's got agenda, that's it. No creativity no imagination. Easily figured out.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

So you think Ben McAdoo is the one throwing Sam Darnold, Elflein, Jordan, etc out there as co-starters at this point?   

I mean, whoever you deem is making those decisions.  It all comes back to Matt Rhule.  There is no sound reason for anyone to be doing some of this.  We aren't week 1 at Wofford.   It's either a charade gone to far or they are clueless. 

I think it's more of a collaborative effort between the coaching staff now, ie: HC, OC, OL & maybe the GM & Tepper. If our coaching staff is getting on the same page now, that's a step in the right direction. 

14 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

All the quotes from Rhule in here make me want to cry. 

Well, this probably won't help.

Rhule has stated that the competition for the starting quarterback spot is still ongoing. In fact, he previously said that the starters were only getting minimal reps in preseason one because he expected to give them a lot of reps during the joint practices with the Patriots.

That means Rhule will be devoting yet more time in these practice sessions to answering a question seemingly everyone else already knows the answer to, as opposed to using time to help coach up our rookie "future" QB.

Because why not? 😖

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

I think it's more of a collaborative effort between the coaching staff now, ie: HC, OC, OL & maybe the GM & Tepper. If our coaching staff is getting on the same page now, that's a step in the right direction. 

well, if the HC, OC, and OL coach are all together that Sam, Elflien, Jordan all should be competing still for a starting spot this close to the season....I would call that everyone getting on the same wrong page. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I don't think a lot of this is very collaborative at all. I think Rhule largely dictates the personnel but the game planning is handled by his coordinators. 

We obviously don't know the full picture but he seems to like to micromanage elements of practice with his stupid college BS. Then you have the season where he seemed to like to throw the previous OC under the bus about playcalling, something he literally could have taken over at any point.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, if the HC, OC, and OL coach are all together that Sam, Elflien, Jordan all should be competing still for a starting spot this close to the season....I would call that everyone getting on the same wrong page. 

I would call that a carryover assessment from training camp. Moving players around against live game action and putting that info up against the training camp assessments to make a better determination of 1st, 2nd, 3rd string and so forth for the entire team.

Either way, regardless of what they're doing, I'm hoping for the best we have to play come week 1 of regular season. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, this probably won't help.

Rhule has stated that the competition for the starting quarterback spot is still ongoing. In fact, he previously said that the starters were only getting minimal reps in preseason one because he expected to give them a lot of reps during the joint practices with the Patriots.

That means Rhule will be devoting yet more time in these practice sessions to answering a question seemingly everyone else already knows the answer to, as opposed to using time to help coach up our rookie "future" QB.

Because why not? 😖

Belichick is laughing his ass off

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think a lot of this is very collaborative at all. I think Rhule largely dictates the personnel but the game planning is handled by his coordinators. 

We obviously don't know the full picture but he seems to like to micromanage elements of practice with his stupid college BS. Then you have the season where he seemed to like to throw the previous OC under the bus about playcalling, something he literally could have taken over at any point.

I'm not a 100% sure who does exactly what, so I can only give my opinion. But my fact is: I'm hoping that the best players play and we are a much approved team...

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

If that means he understands the playbook better I get that. But from who can move the offense and will air it out it has to be Baker. Let's see how Darnold does when New England blitzes while playing tough man press.

I think we know what we have in Sam but like @CRA said they may use Mayfield as a fall back.