• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there tension behind the scenes?

NAS

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It's affect*

Tell me again about reading comprehension 

ef·fect
/əˈfekt/
See definitions in:
All
Physics
Art
noun
  1. 1.
    a change which is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.
    "the lethal effects of hard drugs"

Seem like it works...
    Your actions are effecting your brain..
Edited by WOW!!

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:
ef·fect
/əˈfekt/
See definitions in:
All
Physics
Art
noun
  1. 1.

Seem like it works...

My god have mercy on your soul.   Do you have Velcro straps for shoes?

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

My god have mercy on your soul.   Do you have Velcro straps for shoes?

Do you have the Days of the week written on your under clothes??

As you act like the definition doesn't fit your actions lately..

Lol 

Get it together soon..

Edited by WOW!!

12 hours ago, NAS said:

I am not looking to create drama.  All the hype about Corrall when Fitt drafted him, calling him our future QB and then not giving him meaningful reps is mind boggling.  If I believed in my evaluation to grade him as our top QB draft choice then I would surely want to invest more time and resources to develop him. Putting him with fourth stringers who are just camp fodder suggests a total disconnect between Rhule and Fitt.

Rhule is an ego maniac who wants to assert control of the roster 

That’s the issue. He isn’t the future. He will never be a starter. And fans are just dumb as poo sometimes. If Fit truly believed he was a franchise QB why wait until round 3 and risk him not being there?

Now that doesn’t mean he won’t get his chance but fact is great to elite winning QBs taken after the third round are extremely rare. Everyone knows that. Except some weird homer fans. Who cares.

That’s why he was left in the third with tons of QB needy teams. Hell he wasn’t even first off the board. Fitt isn’t the end all be all, try and grasp the draft and prospects as a bigger picture. Do people really think Corral is Wilson? Really?

In reality we need a back up because PJ is trash and Darnold will be gone after this year and that’s what Corral is. Mayfield is a ? but I personally think he will not be it either. This is logical and makes sense. And answers your question.

Edited by onmyown

There is speculation that Tepper is giving Matt more than just this year, but if that’s true Rhule could let Corral play this year and not worry about his job. I’m thinking Matt has to show massive improvement this year that’s why we now have an NFL staff and Baker Mayfield.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:02 PM, parker said:

I think you are trying to make a story out of nothing.  We have four QBs and they are playing by their chances to start.  They aren't rushing Corral out there because he is a rookie and probably not starting this year unless something really bad happens.  Walker is gone, but it helps to give him some playing time and maybe get something for him or to give him a chance to go somewhere else.  

I agree with everything except the last part. I think he's getting his reps in case Darnold is traded and Walker has to be our back-up this season. 

11 hours ago, WOW!! said:
ef·fect
/əˈfekt/
See definitions in:
All
Physics
Art
noun
  1. 1.

Seem like it works...

I believe it’s noun vs verb. Affect is the verb form of effect. I could be wrong because I was more of a math/science guy.

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I agree with everything except the last part. I think he's getting his reps in case Darnold is traded and Walker has to be our back-up this season. 

That is Walker's ticket to remaining on the team, I think.  Which makes the rep situation worse, because we have two guys splitting #1 reps, a guy essentially getting #2 reps, and the guy we drafted getting the spoils.

The original question is whether there is tension.  There probably is but I don't know that we have seen it.  There is almost always some tension in any organization.  Especially one that is in an extremely performance-driven endeavor.  What may make ours worse is if the roles of the key people are poorly defined.  And I have no idea whether those things have been ironed out internally.  I generally assume they are, but who knows?

On paper, Rhule controls the roster and who is on it.  But a lot of things exist on paper that are obsolete because the alternative was to enforce them and have the paper run in the shredder.  Some think Rhule would then just smile, nod, and collect the money but like all coaches, he has an ego.  Doing that would be the equivalent of admitting failure (he got fired for not being able to win with "full control").  Ask Chip Kelly how that feels, as he has even admitted (I think) that it led to his undoing in Philly.  I'm not saying Rhule has waived that, I just don't know and what we see are mixed signals.  From outside, the organization looks like a clusterf*#k that is ruled by committee.  The problem with committee rule is you generally get watered-down decisions (or those not related to the problems) and nobody can effectively be held accountable.

Truth is, giving that level of authority/control to any NFL coach is a tall order and has been for probably 25 years.  Giving it to a coach that has virtually zero NFL experience was, well, somewhere between naive and idiotic.  Back to Kelly, Philly did not give that to him on day one, but when they did his death spiral began. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

That is Walker's ticket to remaining on the team, I think.  Which makes the rep situation worse, because we have two guys splitting #1 reps, a guy essentially getting #2 reps, and the guy we drafted getting the spoils.

The original question is whether there is tension.  There probably is but I don't know that we have seen it.  There is almost always some tension in any organization.  Especially one that is in an extremely performance-driven endeavor.  What may make ours worse is if the roles of the key people are poorly defined.  And I have no idea whether those things have been ironed out internally.  I generally assume they are, but who knows?

On paper, Rhule controls the roster and who is on it.  But a lot of things exist on paper that are obsolete because the alternative was to enforce them and have the paper run in the shredder.  Some think Rhule would then just smile, nod, and collect the money but like all coaches, he has an ego.  Doing that would be the equivalent of admitting failure (he got fired for not being able to win with "full control").  Ask Chip Kelly how that feels, as he has even admitted (I think) that it led to his undoing in Philly.  I'm not saying Rhule has waived that, I just don't know and what we see are mixed signals.  From outside, the organization looks like a clusterf*#k that is ruled by committee.  The problem with committee rule is you generally get watered-down decisions (or those not related to the problems) and nobody can effectively be held accountable.

Truth is, giving that level of authority/control to any NFL coach is a tall order and has been for probably 25 years.  Giving it to a coach that has virtually zero NFL experience was, well, somewhere between naive and idiotic.  Back to Kelly, Philly did not give that to him on day one, but when they did his death spiral began. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-roar-a-carolina-panthers-podcast/id1523253913

our guy ellis with another great podcast recapping the game and reps

In short he drops the mic and wonders just what the fug rhule and co are doing in regards to offensive reps on both the line and the qb

must listen

12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-roar-a-carolina-panthers-podcast/id1523253913

our guy ellis with another great podcast recapping the game and reps

In short he drops the mic and wonders just what the fug rhule and co are doing in regards to offensive reps on both the line and the qb

must listen

Thanks.  I'll give that a listen, probably while I am ignoring my next meeting. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I believe it’s noun vs verb. Affect is the verb form of effect. I could be wrong because I was more of a math/science guy.

Football forum if we're playing the noun and verb game to deflect from making bad takes.. You're losing the point..

Jmo..

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Football forum if we're playing the noun and verb game to deflect from making bad takes.. You're losing the point..

Jmo..

I agree.  Between that and typos/autocorrect I make many grammatical mistakes, because I'm not proofreading for a forum post.  

• Beer 1