• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots Joint Practice Day 1

ncfan

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's because he has a great coaching staff who will carry him.  

I mean, we added a very good ST coach and secondary coach. 

But our big 3 trio of HC, OC and DC is still one of the weakest in all the NFL.   

I wouldn’t call this a great staff.  You can call it improved.  But just saying something improved doesn’t equate to good. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wouldn’t call this a great staff.  You can call it improved.  But just saying something improved doesn’t equate to good. 

I feel good about McAdoo so far (I know you don't).

Tabor I like, but same as with McAdoo we haven't seen him in true live action yet.

Snow I still think is overrated.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Campen?

I don't think you're giving Snow much credit.  He always seems to do better than expected with the talent we have. We have only seen a limited sample of our defense but IMO our defense is going to give us a chance to win games.   Our offense seemed to move the ball much, much better under McAdoo.  We'll have to wait and see how we start before I call that weak. 

Thanks to those that put what they were hearing and reading into the blow by blow on here. Looking forward to t96's take, when he gets the chance.

It sounds like we started slow, then picked it up and did well.  Sounds like our QBs struggled a bit, but it takes a while to figure out how to grip a football that has half the amount of air pressure it is supposed to.

Yeah, anybody associated with the Pats in any way probably has to leave the word "class" alone.  They get results, but it is not exactly the way that people associated with 1970's era Dallas Cowboys.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Campen?

I don't think you're giving Snow much credit.  He always seems to do better than expected with the talent we have. We have only seen a limited sample of our defense but IMO our defense is going to give us a chance to win games.   Our offense seemed to move the ball much, much better under McAdoo.  We'll have to wait and see how we start before I call that weak. 

Campen was a fine add.  I still largely look at the top of the food chain if I were to rank the 32 NFL staffs. 

I at least think I give Snow decent credit.  I don’t go around trashing him.   And I’m not shy about doing those things, I’ve always said he has been the key to Rhule’s success.  Which he clearly had in college.  But I wouldn’t call him a great NFL DC. 

I think the staff is improved.  But I consider it bottom 3rd of the league.   So I wouldn’t call it great. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Thanks to those that put what they were hearing and reading into the blow by blow on here. Looking forward to t96's take, when he gets the chance.

It sounds like we started slow, then picked it up and did well.  Sounds like our QBs struggled a bit, but it takes a while to figure out how to grip a football that has half the amount of air pressure it is supposed to.

Yeah, anybody associated with the Pats in any way probably has to leave the word "class" alone.  They get results, but it is not exactly the way that people associated with 1970's era Dallas Cowboys.

I get the sense that we were bested in individual drills but proved better in team competition.

Not necessarily a bad thing...

Just now, CRA said:

Campen was a fine add.  I still largely look at the top of the food chain if I were to rank the 32 NFL staffs. 

I at least think I give Snow decent credit.  I don’t go around trashing him.   And I’m not shy about doing those things, I’ve always said he has been the key to Rhule’s success.  Which he clearly had in college.  But I wouldn’t call him a great NFL DC. 

I think the staff is improved.  But I consider it bottom 3rd of the league.   So I wouldn’t call it great. 

Yeah, to me that is the thing. It's where we likely are versus the rest of the league. It's easy to say we have improved over where we might have been in 2020 and 2021 but that was a very low bar to hit.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Agreed.  Last year we were one of the worst and now this year I hope we can get close to mid-tier....