• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are they that much better then last season?

Jmac

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Saying Icky, BC, Boseman, Corbett and Moton are starters.  That leaves a rookie and Elflein as our only decent players.  Fortunately BC can play tackle so we have 1 option at tackle.  The interior line I would say Mays is probably the next best player.  Everyone liked Pleasant last week but he looked poorly last night. 

If we have more than two significant injuries on this line and with the depth we have we're in trouble.  No matter the position.   

but that goes for any football team. Losing 3+ players at any position tanks your roster. My memory  may not be working well this am, but I cant recall a tream that lost 3 players in a position group and still had a winning season.

I guess you could say the 2017 panthers with our WR situation.... but that feels like a stretch. 

Edited by TheCasillas

3 minutes ago, Asaria said:

We go 20-0, Super Bowl Champions, Rhule Coach of the Year, Baker MVP, Tepper drops his brass balls in the middle of the stadium to celebrate...

And people would still go "Idk man, this team might suck still."

Only in your dreams, bro.  As much as I would love to see it.  Not a chance.

2015 was a much better them and we were the worst *** and 0 team every.  (Insert 5 through 14)

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

but that goes for any football team. Losing 3+ players at any position tanks your roster. My memory  may not be working well this am, but I cant recall a tream that lost 3 players in a position group and still had a winning season.

I guess you could so the 2017 panthers with our WR situation.... but that feels like a stretch. 

Yeah, if you have multiple injuries at any given positional group you're gonna be on trouble regardless of the quality of your roster.

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

All that said above, I'm not basing much of anything off of preseason games where we aren't and shouldn't be playing any starters or key players anyways.

Three things the rams don’t care about 

1. Preseason 

2 salary cap,

3. Number 1 draft picks 

in other words, flying in the face of conventional wisdom in the nfl doesn’t seem to hurt them any 

• Pie 1

I’ve seen nothing to convince me that we aren’t a 5-8 win team. 

CMC staying healthy and an unexpected gelling of a young oline could push them to wildcard fringe. 

those two things go the other way, I honestly think we pick top five with a new coach in 2023. 

• Pie 1

Panthers need a QB who can produce GWD, a #1 WR who can be clutch and make plays to get in the endzone, a TE who can be a consistent threat up the seam and in the redzone, a #2 RB who can move the chains, a LT who won't allow multiple sacks a game, a center who can keep the OL from imploding, offensive leaders, defensive leaders, a DL that can stop the run, a DE who can contain the edge, DBs who can produce turnovers consistently, and LBs who can fill the running lanes and get off blocks to stop the inside run.

The Panthers are going to need to rely on CMC, quick slants, runs off tackle, screens, blitzes, pass rushing, and FGs to win games. If they can't get a double digit lead and hold it with CMC eating up clock in the 2nd half, then it does not look good. This team is not built to come from behind or win in the 4th quarter with a GWD (which is where most of the wins in the NFL come from).

College ball in the NFL is painful to watch.