• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Mental pushups aren't real pushups. That's where we're at. He can't escape blame.

Both things can be true. We could've handled his integration poorly and he could've not been very NFL ready. Honestly, I think that's exactly the case. Once we saw he wasn't ready he was put on the back burner.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Mental pushups aren't real pushups. That's where we're at. He can't escape blame.

Dude just stop. He clearly needs time to develop. QB1 in this class probably needs time unless you like Pickett. If he such a phenom he would be succeeding in spite of bad coaches. Burrow didn’t  have a great staff and neither did Baker yet they found success early. Corral can still be a good QB, just not this year. It’s why he dropped to the 3rd. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Floppin said:

And let's be honest. We haven't really been in a great position to pick from the cream of the crop at any point since we released Cam either.

Fields/Mac/Slater were all realistic options last year. I’m still high on Horn, but we have left OL (especially LT) and QB unanswered too long. Those are arguably the 2 most important positions in the NFL. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He wasn't ready for full speed. Throwing or running. Reps are physically and mentally beneficial. Without reps,without practicing, playing football at a high level of intensity and to be expected as a rookie to come in and play without that support. Of course something like this would happen.

Nothing takes the place of actually playing football. Studying football doesn't get you ready to play football. He wasn't valued, he wasn't appreciated and was only an afterthought as far as our amateur coach was concerned.

He set Matt Corral up for failure, not success, he never wanted him. 4th string QBs usually WON'T be ready by design, Matt Rhules design.

But... Baker, Baker, Baker, smh... follow Matt Rhule into that dark hole if you want to, I'll watch from back here.

Agreed 100%

Any other team would be giving a 3rd round rookie valuable reps.  It amazes me that so many want to put the blame for his performance on him instead of the inept HC.  I don't know what Rhule's problem was with Corral but it was very clear that he wasn't going to give him a good look.

There have been several mid round QBs to excel in the NFL their first year.  The difference is those mid-round picks were put ahead of a journeyman QB on the depth chart.  They were given valuable Reps with a competent line in front of him.  They were given every chance to succeed.   Rhule gave him every chance to fail.  

That IMO is a valid reason to fire him on the spot.   Tepper won't but he should. 

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I base everything opinion on what people have actually accomplished. You can say whatever but Matt Corral accomplished enough as a college QB to be projected a first rounder, none of the pundits or anybody else had him down as a third rounder, so to say he's in the same league as a projected third rounder is disingenuous. You guys want to bang on the kid who in 2021 and 2022 was a top SEC QB.

Matt Rhule has never been a top anything...oh I forgot, loser, bungler, lover of used sh*tty underwear. You can have him. I'm praying for Jim Harbaugh, our QB problems would be over. HE knows how to value and develop young QBs. Takes em to Superbowl even with limitations like Kaep.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Dude just stop. He clearly needs time to develop. QB1 in this class probably needs time unless you like Pickett. If he such a phenom he would be succeeding in spite of bad coaches. Burrow didn’t  have a great staff and neither did Baker yet they found success early. Corral can still be a good QB, just not this year. It’s why he dropped to the 3rd. 

This is pretty much my opinion too. Legit talent is optimized by good coaching but legit talent finds a way to show they belong even when surrounded by idiots.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is pretty much my opinion too. Legit talent is optimized by good coaching but legit talent finds a way to show they belong even when surrounded by idiots.

Hell Cam took Rivera to the Super Bowl. Look no further than our own franchise…

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The rookie has impressed in very limited time. The coach has done everything to keep this guy under wraps. Idiot doesn't describe Rhule he's a bigger obstacle than an "idiot".

Fhulish is a category unto itself. Once he's gone you'll recognize just how destructive he was.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1