• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Rhule - for real/non-spastic

davos

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Those were toxic environments that were causing franchise issues and negative rep. There just not the same. Those were bad attitudes and poor personas. We just have a poor performing coach. It’s just not the same.

There are some similarities, it ultimately boils down to a how a college coach tries their same shtick in the NFL and refuses to adapt. Treating players like college athletes, Chip Kelly had the same problems.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

And replace him with who? McAdoo or Wilkes? Neither has had a great run as a head coach either. You don't get rid of someone midseason unless you replace them with someone better. Otherwise you fire them at the end of the season unless you are auditioning an assistant for a headcoach gig.

I hear you and you’re correct about both of those coordinators. However this is year three and is Rhule starts out 0-3 or 1-4 and  you absolutely have to go in a different direction. Because if all that happens  at the end of the year this team is going to get blown up either way so it doesn’t matter

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I hear you and you’re correct about both of those coordinators. However this is year three and is Rhule starts out 0-3 or 1-4 and  you absolutely have to go in a different direction. Because if all that happens  at the end of the year this team is going to get blown up either way so it doesn’t matter

0-3 1-4 it doesnt matter, the year is sunk, let him run it back just for the lulz factor

5 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Wilks was utter trash as AZ head coach.  1 and done.   Like Macadoe, much better coordinator than head coach.

Possibly. I just don’t think he had a fair shake in Arizona. Keim really fuged wilks while he was there. Give wilks no talent and an aging roster with a rookie qb that didn’t belong in the league.

• Pie 1

This is dumb.

There's no reason to fire him now, and there's no reason as a fan why you shouldn't be hopeful he'll improve this year. 

2 years ago he was a rookie HC.

Last year he didn't have the talent (argue this point, I dare you).

This year, we seem to have addressed many of our weakest areas (in the first team anyway) he won the first preseason game, and we outplayed the Patriots' starters with our second string. So what are you seeing that says we can't expect better coaching this year?

The only people I see bitching right now are people who can't get over the fact that Matty Man Crush is done for the year because his foot is apparently made of glass and dry twigs. 

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

0-3 1-4 it doesnt matter, the year is sunk, let him run it back just for the lulz factor

At least give an assistant a chance to audition for another team. The Raiders interm coach was in a tough spot and snuck them in the playoffs. Leaving Rhule in for laughs would be fair to his staff or players. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only thing Rhule has proven as a coach is that he can take a floundering college program and quickly make them competitive. He never even proved he can take the next step from competitive to contender. He lost virtually every game he coached vs. actual good competition.

His theory in college is awesome, take really athletic players that dont have positions and get them in your system and figure something out.  That poo just doesnt work in the nfl, they have to know how to actually play

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, Captroop said:

This is dumb.

There's no reason to fire him now, and there's no reason as a fan why you shouldn't be hopeful he'll improve this year. 

2 years ago he was a rookie HC.

Last year he didn't have the talent (argue this point, I dare you).

This year, we seem to have addressed many of our weakest areas (in the first team anyway) he won the first preseason game, and we outplayed the Patriots' starters with our second string. So what are you seeing that says we can't expect better coaching this year?

The only people I see bitching right now are people who can't get over the fact that Matty Man Crush is done for the year because his foot is apparently made of glass and dry twigs. 

Stop it. Rhule has been clueless his whole tenure, way before Matt Corral. We knew he was garbage after Teddy/Sam.

If you're a Corral doubter just say so. Don't insult our intelligence. Your Coach has shown absolutely 0 signs of getting a clue. He's so terrible at his job they had to bring in HC experience to prop up his sorry excuse for leadership.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

At least give an assistant a chance to audition for another team. The Raiders interm coach was in a tough spot and snuck them in the playoffs. Leaving Rhule in for laughs would be fair to his staff or players. 

LV was 3-2 when he got fired.   Its extremely unlikely that any coach is going to recover from 1-4, 0-3.   Ive seen enough football in my lifetime to know you are done if thats the case.  Thats a deep deep hole

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

LV was 3-2 when he got fired.   Its extremely unlikely that any coach is going to recover from 1-4, 0-3.   Ive seen enough football in my lifetime to know you are done if thats the case.  Thats a deep deep hole

Oh I agree, but if they could elevate our team’s play and have them competitive then that could set them up for a nice job in the near future. Rhule would almost certainly be going back to college, so it’s irrelevant for him to keep coaching at that point.