• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dolphins TE on the trade block

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm of the firm opinion that this crew needs to sink or swim this year without trading away future assets.

I don't want to see them sell the farm, for sure. However, acquiring good assets will only help our future coaching staff.

I would be generally upset to see 1st-3rd round picks traded unless it was a very good player.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Guy is going to want to get paid and we’ve already given Ian Thomas a big contract for a TE

I get that we are not a fan of Ian getting a new contract, but in what way is it "big?" He is the 24th highest paid tight end in the league, and only 1.5% of our total cap. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I get that we are not a fan of Ian getting a new contract, but in what way is it "big?" He is the 24th highest paid tight end in the league, and only 1.5% of our total cap. 

Big enough as in you’re not going to pay him that deal And another big TE contract 

Edited by ncfan

Pass catching TE would be nasty. We know Ben McAdoo is a fan of pass catching TEs. Mike G is a stud but hes had some wear and tear injuries - nothing to miss major time but some nagging low back stuff thats kept him from being dominant. 

You also gotta pay the man which is likely why he is on the block to begin with - probably starts at a baseline of Hunter Henrys deal of 3 - 37.5. Basically 3 times what we paid Thomas. Do I think hes 3 times better than Thomas? Yes. Does that mean I'm willing to pay 3 times more than Ian Thomas? Ehhhh, that ones a little tougher but if they'd bite on Thomas and a 4th I'd pull the trigger. 

• Pie 1