• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... about kicker and a third QB.

Proudiddy

15 hours ago, rayzor said:

Accidents happen, but there are some situations you can quit creating that make room for more.

Preseason games aren't necessary. They don't count. Starters and key players shouldn't be put at risk of injury by players from another team; n games that don't count. Getting rid of preseason games eliminates more chances for injury to key players caused by players from another team  

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/351964020_The_Injury_Rate_in_NFL_Players_was_Increased_Following_Cancellation_of_Preseason_Games_due_to_COVID_19

Players have said that preseason games give them an opportunity to get their body ready for the brutality of the regular season. A study was conducted and found that there was a significant jump in weeks 1 - 4 of the regular season after the 2020 - 2021 preseason was cancelled due to COVID.

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/351964020_The_Injury_Rate_in_NFL_Players_was_Increased_Following_Cancellation_of_Preseason_Games_due_to_COVID_19

Players have said that preseason games give them an opportunity to get their body ready for the brutality of the regular season. A study was conducted and found that there was a significant jump in weeks 1 - 4 of the regular season after the 2020 - 2021 preseason was cancelled due to COVID.

Doesn't mean I have to like it or that my opinion matters. I just don't like the risk involved. Never have. And I don't have to.

54 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

This makes the roster math hard. Do you IR Zane before or after the 53 cutdown? I'm guessing after since we may wait to see what shakes loose from other rosters.

The statement is fairly vague.  I imagine they have or soon will have more specific information on the possibility of Zane returning this year.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Welp...

Nobody saw that coming...right? 😐

Well, I will at least say that PJ looked better than Sam this preseason.  He could at least move the ball.  I know that is not saying much, but let's face it....if Baker goes down the Panthers are picking in the top 5 again whether it is Sam or PJ at QB2.  

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Doesn't mean I have to like it or that my opinion matters. I just don't like the risk involved. Never have. And I don't have to.

Oh no doubt, not expecting to sway you, just wanted to (hopefully) alleviate some of the concern as those injuries are going to happen regardless, but at least with the preseason there are reduced injuries overall.

You are right though that it still absolutely blows to lose a monster to a game that won't count on the stat sheet.

Edited by Icege