• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marquand McCall

cookinbrak

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

He was not getting pushed around Like Roy or Hoskins. 

I make it a point to watch Hoskins when he is in and I consistently see him collapsing the pocket when he isn't getting doubled or blatantly held (75 on the Bills OL was getting away with murder). I also see him hustling to the play even when it's going away from him. Are you sure that you're not mistaking him for #91 (Larken) or #54 (Nixon)? Nixon has been incredibly underwhelming.

I think that we should just roll w/ last year's DT group but replace Jones + Nixon with Ioannidis + McCall.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Icege said:

I make it a point to watch Hoskins when he is in and I consistently see him collapsing the pocket when he isn't getting doubled or blatantly held (75 on the Bills OL was getting away with murder). I also see him hustling to the play even when it's going away from him. Are you sure that you're not mistaking him for #91 (Larken) or #54 (Nixon)? Nixon has been incredibly underwhelming.

I think that we should just roll w/ last year's DT group but replace Jones + Nixon with Ioannidis + McCall.

I think its possible we go with 6 DTs, but with Hoskins being the swing DT/DE.

40 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I think its possible we go with 6 DTs, but with Hoskins being the swing DT/DE.

Entirely possible. He was lined up as the end on a couple of plays.

Plus, having guys like Luvu, Shaq, Smith, or even Chinn that can come down and rush the passer as well means that they might look for more beef in the middle.

Edited by Icege

2 hours ago, Icege said:

You know, you are probably right.  I get them confused, and I may have last night.  Nixon is sorta the undersized gap shooting DT---I bet I was seeing him and blaming Hoskins.  Wonder how long I have done that.

50 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You know, you are probably right.  I get them confused, and I may have last night.  Nixon is sorta the undersized gap shooting DT---I bet I was seeing him and blaming Hoskins.  Wonder how long I have done that.

Nixon is such a weird case to me.

When we drafted him there were some pundits calling it an absolute steal. He flashed at that joint practices last offseason as well, but the dude just seems to disappear on the field. I'm regularly seeing other players get better pushes against the same OL 😞

I can't tell if it's a processing issue or a physical issue either. Maybe he's the TMJ of the defense?

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1