• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for wide receiver Laviska Shenault

joemac

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

tiny lister friday movie GIF

I was going to say his career has been more like this Deebo.  Thinking Deebo Samuel is too much for me believe.  If that were a remote possibility the Jags would have kept him. It's really ridiculous to think that's even possible. 

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I was going to say his career has been more like this Deebo.  Thinking Deebo Samuel is too much for me believe.  If that were a remote possibility the Jags would have kept him. It's really ridiculous to think that's even possible. 

Not sure the Jags system did much to facilitate this.  Deebo Samuel was not a Deebo-type player until the Niners found a way to use him.  A Deebo-type player is a hybrid, larger player who can go from back to receiver and create mismatches.  That was my point.  Did not say he was going to be as good as Deebo, for the record

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Yeah because the Jags know what they're doing! 

Parks And Recreation Lol GIF by Amy Poehler's Smart Girls

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Not sure the Jags system did much to facilitate this.  Deebo Samuel was not a Deebo-type player until the Niners found a way to use him.  A Deebo-type player is a hybrid, larger player who can go from back to receiver and create mismatches.  That was my point.  Did not say he was going to be as good as Deebo, for the record

Yeah I just don't see that in him but I sure hope McAdoo makes this worth the time and effort.  This kid plays more like a TE to me. He better hit the jugs machine if he wants to stay here because we already have a hybrid that can't catch.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Yeah because the Jags know what they're doing! 

Parks And Recreation Lol GIF by Amy Poehler's Smart Girls

It always confuses me when we trade with a bad team and people complain about how we're trying to "emulate" said team, or go dumpster diving for bad teams' scraps.  Like...would you feel more confident that we "won" a trade with a smart and successful organization like the Steelers or Chiefs?  Or with a dysfunctional franchise like the Jaguars or Browns?  I'd be a lot more skeptical if we were trading with a good team that was willing to part with a young talented player.

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

It always confuses me when we trade with a bad team and people complain about how we're trying to "emulate" said team, or go dumpster diving for bad teams' scraps.  Like...would you feel more confident that we "won" a trade with a smart and successful organization like the Steelers or Chiefs?  Or with a dysfunctional franchise like the Jaguars or Browns?  I'd be a lot more skeptical if we were trading with a good team that was willing to part with a young talented player.

Duke Johnson Jr is a good example. Just got dropped by the Bills. Talented hybrid back whose prime was wasted on Cleveland's worst seasons and has never been utilized properly IMO

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Duke Johnson Jr is a good example. Just got dropped by the Bills. Talented hybrid back whose prime was wasted on Cleveland's worst seasons and has never been utilized properly IMO

He was running well against our D Friday night, dunno if that's good for him or bad for us

38 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah, good teams don't make bad trades usually. Bad teams do. They are exactly who you should trade with as they keep changing coaches and systems and players every 2 or 3 years

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

With Trent Baalke as GM?

I'd be...skeptical 🤔

Me too. I forgot to use the sarcasm font. 

• Beer 1