• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who was our best game day coach?

NAS

I know we haven’t had head coaches or GMs who can consistently put together their best possible roster, but when it comes to maximizing the talent on game day, who comes to mind?

Personally, I had the most faith in John Fox especially on defensive side of the ball, particularly when we were underdogs. Rivera comes second and Rhule is dead last, even behind Seifert.  I don’t think we have ever head a worse head coach from a game planning or in game coaching perspective. There’s a reason we always get crushed in third quarter of almost every game and it’s mostly  due to coaching. 

I like our roster on paper and with the right head coach, this is a playoff team. But honestly how many would place a bet on Rhule getting the most out of this roster this season?

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1

I think Fox and Rivera were about the same. Solid coaches.  Who both had stretches of really solid coaching specifically in seasons were things started to go south or were forced to dig out of holes they basically put themselves in.   

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Ron and Rivera were about the same. Solid coaches.  Who both had stretches of really solid coaching specifically in seasons were things started to go south or were forced to dig out of holes they basically put themselves in.   

they were oddly the same in so many ways.... like basically the same person... 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

25 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

No one will unseat Seifert. The guy didnt even give a fug. There probably isnt many on this message board that actually had to sit through his tenure here, be thankful. 

I suffered many a Sunday at BoA watching that jackass pick his nose and caring nada. Winningest coach at SF?..give the hot dog or beer guy Steve Young Jerry Rice and Tom Rathman in their prime and they could win a SB.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

No one will unseat Seifert. The guy didnt even give a fug. There probably isnt many on this message board that actually had to sit through his tenure here, be thankful. 

I remember him. He used to stand on the sidelines like a corpse emotionless. I was young but I called him zombie coach. It appeared they wheeled him out on a lift like a statue and then wheeled him back in when the game was over. That guy truly did not give a crap and was just standing there collecting a paycheck. I thought he was a great coach with the 49ers but apparently he was riding some coat tails with someone else's roster as he was bottom of the barrel bad and cared not one bit about it. What an ass he was. I think a dead body was more animated than that waste of space.

Dawn Of The Dead Zombie GIF by Maudit

Edited by YourLastThought
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2