• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Past final roster cuts that you hated

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Evan Mathis 

Who was actually our third round pick iirc that I loved. Was shaking my head at the time as to why we let him go. To be fair, we drafted him in 2005 and didn't cut him til 2007, he then played for the Dolphins and Bengals before catching on with Philly in 2011, six years after being drafted, so it's likely a case of a guy taking a long time to master his craft. Still, it's a shame we didn't see the potential and stick with him. I guess the counterargument is for every Evan Mathis, there's a hundred guys who never figure it out.

*pointedly does not look at every left tackle we've ever started since Gross not named Michael Oher.*

32 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Does Heinikie count?  Dude was very solid for Washington.  What about Kerry Collins. Dude was sauced with us then goes into being very successful with NY and TN. 

Went to rehab after New Orleans, NFC championship with the Giants then so so at Tennessee. Believe me no great loss when he left here. His head was totally effed up. And it was the best thing for this team to send him packing and have Steve Beurlien signed.

13 minutes ago, 3838 said:

Went to rehab after New Orleans, NFC championship with the Giants then so so at Tennessee. Believe me no great loss when he left here. His head was totally effed up. And it was the best thing for this team to send him packing and have Steve Beurlien signed.

I will always wonder what would have happened had we targeted Steve McNair rather than Collins.

• Pie 1