• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I’m curious why he isn’t being talked about in the first tier.   

1) Not on a Power 5 conference team (Sunbelt conference)

2) Team is not ranked (would have been had they not lost Saturday)

3) Doesn't have a rocket for an arm (but he can make every throw)

4) Small school that doesn't have a long, storied history in FBS football and thus greatly lacks national TV time.  Heck until they upset BYU I don't anyone outside of the Carolinas had even heard of Coastal Carolina.

I'm cool with it.  I DO NOT WANT the #1 overall pick.  Young will stay hurt and Stroud I'm not sold on...yet.  We need more picks; a trade back is necessary.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:40 AM, 45catfan said:

1) Not on a Power 5 conference team (Sunbelt conference)

2) Team is not ranked (would have been had they not lost Saturday)

3) Doesn't have a rocket for an arm (but he can make every throw)

4) Small school that doesn't have a long, storied history in FBS football and thus greatly lacks national TV time.  Heck until they upset BYU I don't anyone outside of the Carolinas had even heard of Coastal Carolina.

I'm cool with it.  I DO NOT WANT the #1 overall pick.  Young will stay hurt and Stroud I'm not sold on...yet.  We need more picks; a trade back is necessary.

This is exactly the scouting report on Tom Brady coming out of college.  Definitely not saying he is Tom Brady but watching C.J. Today, I would rather trade down, get more picks and get McCall.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, HPPantherzfan said:

This is exactly the scouting report on Tom Brady coming out of college.  Definitely not saying he is Tom Brady but watching C.J. Today, I would rather trade down, get more picks and get McCall.

What? Tom Brady played for Michigan. Literally none of these apply to him.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

What? Tom Brady played for Michigan. Literally none of these apply to him.

Not true, and I wasn’t just talking about the post I quoted.  What you hear about McCall is good arm not great, not the most athletic and not the fastest but can escape pressure when he needs to.  Who does that sound like coming out of college?  The small school is true but Brady’s first year as a starter Michigan was ranked 12th, last year, CCU was ranked 11th.  I also disagree that no one outside of the Carolinas have heard of CCU given Josh Norman, Mike Tolbert, Dustin Johnson, MLB players and their college World Series win.  In other words, he should be getting a lot more national coverage than he is, kid is just a winner, 23-4 or something like that!  Agreed it’s not SEC competition but stil

10 hours ago, HPPantherzfan said:

Trying to find the next Tom Brady is a dangerous game. Brady is just mentally on another level. The closest thing I’ve seen so far is Joe Burrow, but there is still obviously a big gap.

13 hours ago, HPPantherzfan said:

Not true, and I wasn’t just talking about the post I quoted.  What you hear about McCall is good arm not great, not the most athletic and not the fastest but can escape pressure when he needs to.  Who does that sound like coming out of college?  The small school is true but Brady’s first year as a starter Michigan was ranked 12th, last year, CCU was ranked 11th.  I also disagree that no one outside of the Carolinas have heard of CCU given Josh Norman, Mike Tolbert, Dustin Johnson, MLB players and their college World Series win.  In other words, he should be getting a lot more national coverage than he is, kid is just a winner, 23-4 or something like that!  Agreed it’s not SEC competition but stil

Tom Brady pre-draft positives/negatives 
0D76157B-419D-48B1-8021-27E506E927BD.png

Edited by CarolinaLivin

Back here to bang the table for Bryce Young…the best player in college regardless of position.  Pass on him and lose.  Love this player in every way.  I don’t care about the questions with size at all

Cam Newton was robo QB and injuries derailed his career.  You can’t second guess on injuries.  Lets go get this man

This prediction could go totally side wise with injuries but whatever 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Back here to bang the table for Bryce Young…the best player in college regardless of position.  Pass on him and lose.  Love this player in every way.  I don’t care about the questions with size at all

Cam Newton was robo QB and injuries derailed his career.  You can’t second guess on injuries.  Lets go get this man

We gotta lose enough to get him, but we about to go on that 4 game win streak lol.

On 10/24/2022 at 9:02 PM, Shocker said:

I'm coming to the same conclusion. At some point the talent is just too good to let a few inches/pounds get in the way.

• Pie 2