• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1 General Discussions - Talk to me about the Browns

Zod

I expect it to be a hard fought game. I think our OL will struggle a lot with their pass rushers. CMC will keep them honest by gashing them a few times. 

I suspect they will try and run the ball down our throats and have a lot of success with that. 

I think we win the TO battle and that is the difference. Panthers in a close victory.

Concerned about DL/OL and CMC's health.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 3

I have no idea what to expect from this team this year. I know they could be good but I also know I don't trust Rhule's game management and I have very little confidence in this team not choking.

I think they should win this, but they could just as easily be embarrassed. I do think the game will be close, much closer than it should, and my fear is Rhule gets out coached by a bad coach who is likely one foot out the door himself ...again.

I will be watching and pulling for them, but my confidence level is 0.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

i don't think our run D is going to be as bad as people think. our ends may have actually improved against the run as a unit.

with any luck we jump out to a nice lead early and force the browns to try to air it out and take away their only real strong point.

Yeah, I expect our run D to be better but for our pass rush to take a step back.

• Beer 1

Brissett is a smart QB who typically doesn’t make many mistakes. We will need to have Tremble/Ricci help Icky with Garrett and he will still probably get a couple sacks. If we don’t turn the ball over and Baker gets in sync we win this game. I think Brown steps up and our new LBs help this run defense against a strong running offense. 
I’m concerned if it’s close that Rhule will do something dumb like punt it will a little time left to trust our defense to get a 3 and out. 

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I expect our run D to be better but for our pass rush to take a step back.

Not sure that will be true or not, depends on how they use the personnel. We thought putting Fox out on the edge last year would result in better run support last year and that still didn't materialize. 

I think the general scheme we run is basically pretty weak against the run. Our front personnel are also pretty weak overall against the run so that probably amplifies that.

It will be interesting to finally see what the position group performances are.

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Brissett is a smart QB who typically doesn’t make many mistakes. We will need to have Tremble/Ricci help Icky with Garrett and he will still probably get a couple sacks. If we don’t turn the ball over and Baker gets in sync we win this game. I think Brown steps up and our new LBs help this run defense against a strong running offense. 
I’m concerned if it’s close that Rhule will do something dumb like punt it will a little time left to trust our defense to get a 3 and out. 

Hopefully MacCadoo and Snow will say..." No Matt, we're not going to do stupid 💩. Just stand there, talk in your headset and sip Gatorade.. we'll take it from here"...

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not sure that will be true or not, depends on how they use the personnel. We thought putting Fox out on the edge last year would result in better run support last year and that still didn't materialize. 

I think the general scheme we run is basically pretty weak against the run. Our front personnel are also pretty weak overall against the run so that probably amplifies that.

It will be interesting to finally see what the position group performances are.

Watching the Bills put up a 10 minute drive running, dinking and dunking on us didn't exactly convince me we've improved anything in that category. It was against our rotational D-line guys but pretty much all of our starting LB's and secondary were out there the whole drive

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Watching the Bills put up a 10 minute drive running, dinking and dunking on us didn't exactly convince me we've improved anything in that category. It was against our rotational D-line guys but pretty much all of our starting LB's and secondary were out there the whole drive

Wait did that drive yield points?

• Flames 1