• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reasons for cautious optimism?

micnificent28

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

That insider deal could provide light, maybe someone checking this thread with a subscription could help. Another truth is panther gotten fasten since 2021 and still 5th youngest. 

Panthers for sure have one of the fastest teams, I am very comfy saying they are the fastest. Even the slow guys are fast compared to other teams slow players. 

Dude....I quite literally pasted their methodology from the article. I can read it.

That's why I called it suspect. Did you base that off just reading the title????

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Dude....I quite literally pasted their methodology from the article. I can read it.

That's why I called it suspect. Did you base that off just reading the title????

Nah I thought that for awhile now, just searched for some vision proof. My base is off of 40 times. They were the oldest team in 2019, youngest in 2021, and now 5th youngest. Each time(mostly) they added a player, he was a speed demon no matter the position. 

I need a research staff for this...  

• Flames 1

Just now, Basbear said:

Nah I thought that for awhile now, just searched for some vision proof. My base is off of 40 times. They were the oldest team in 2019, youngest in 2021, and now 5th youngest. Each time(mostly) they added a player, he was a speed demon no matter the position. 

I need a research staff for this...  

Yeah, you would literally need a staff to gather that data. I generally like going down these rabbit holes but I ain't touching that one. That is a SHITLOAD of work to verify that claim. 

• Beer 1

It's the start of the season and even I'm cautiously optimistic. We've got the players, we're healthy, the schedule looks good and the NFCSouth looks like it could be a train wreck around us. IF Rhule has found his place and is up to speed and IF he can lead these guys then we could make some headway.

I want Rhule to prove me wrong as I've been one of his most vocal critics over the past two seasons and if he does, I'll be a happy man.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

On 9/6/2022 at 12:27 PM, frankw said:

He signed a 63 million dollar contract and was given the keys to the franchise. My goodness cut the waterworks here.

😂😂 I’m not a Rhule nut hugger… I just choose to not be negative all the time.  There’s enough of that everywhere else in the world.. And you say that 2 years into a 7 year deal?  How about I make you a deal.. you can have Rhule fired all you want .. Biden just has to be thrown out of office.. will either happen? No. Why? Because we have no control over either one happening. So worry about what YOU can control in your own life.. and STOP the bitching for Christ’s sake.  You guys moaning and griping all the time make us look like the whiniest damn fan base in the NFL.  I want Carolina to win as much or more than anyone else here.  I’m not tied to the head coach.  I don’t have to like or hate him. Because he isn’t the Carolina Panthers. Coaches and players come and go. I root for the Panthers irregardless. If you sit around here waiting for the perfect coach, I’ll make sure to stop by and put some flowers and Kleenex on your gravestone.  You might rise to the surface floating in your own tears by then. 

Edited by Ezrider1423
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, Ezrider1423 said:

Rivera did that with a prime Cam Newton.  Not something to gloat about. Respectable, but honestly should have done better. 

We definitely have been struggling with consistency if Coach Rivera's winning percentage is the benchmark established as the highest in franchise history. Not surprsed to see Rhule at the very bottom staring up at everyone else.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

We definitely have been struggling with consistency if Coach Rivera's winning percentage is the benchmark established as the highest in franchise history. Not surprsed to see Rhule at the very bottom staring up at everyone else.

If Rhule wins 5 games this year, then I’ll be calling for his head too.  After 3 years, you better be showing some damn progress 

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Ezrider1423 said:

😂😂 I’m not a Rhule nut hugger… I just choose to not be negative all the time.  There’s enough of that everywhere else in the world.. And you say that 2 years into a 7 year deal?  How about I make you a deal.. you can have Rhule fired all you want .. Biden just has to be thrown out of office.. will either happen? No. Why? Because we have no control over either one happening. So worry about what YOU can control in your own life.. and STOP the bitching for Christ’s sake.  You guys moaning and griping all the time make us look like the whiniest damn fan base in the NFL.  I want Carolina to win as much or more than anyone else here.  I’m not tied to the head coach.  I don’t have to like or hate him. Because he isn’t the Carolina Panthers. Coaches and players come and go. I root for the Panthers irregardless. If you sit around here waiting for the perfect coach, I’ll make sure to stop by and put some flowers and Kleenex on your gravestone.  You might rise to the surface floating in your own tears by then. 

Why do you keep trying to drag politics into discussions about our head coach? His record is what it is and that is the opposite of good. If you can't handle it being discussed you can choose not to open this website or these threads. He is a undeniable downgrade from the last head coach we moved on and that is a fact you are going to have to live with until he can prove otherwise this season. I hope he does I want a competitive team. But in the meantime I'm not going to engage in this self deception about his current record to appease your bizarre need to be a sycophant 24 hours a day. We will know some things for sure on Monday.

Edited by frankw