• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Daviyon Nixon

Zod

7 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Man come on, four tackles and a half a sack. Again Hoskins didn't jump off the screen. Now people are alluding to the fact of off field issues that the brass didn't like. That makes more sense than this lack of production argument and people can say what they want, but 5th rounders should be more than flier picks. Everyone complains about how we cannot build a consistent winner and then in the same breath will say so what it was a 5th rounder. 

With nearly a third of the snaps, Hoskins exceeded or was on track to exceed Nixon's.

The facts are there: media folks liked him because he was a 2nd round prospect according to some that fell to us in the 5th. They're partial to that, the same way that a Pats beat writer is going to write favorably about them during joint practices. However, on the field? He disappeared. If folks are going to claim that he did his job and shouldn't have been cut, then show the supporting evidence.

Stats are that, as is game film. Go pull up his snaps from last season and his preseason action. There's plenty of moments where he was cleared out by a single OL, or got no push while his teammates being doubled were collapsing the pocket.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

At the end of the day I'm not gonna get bent out of shape about it. It all comes down to wins and losses. When you've sucked for awhile, everything gets nitpicked because it deserves to be. You've obviously been making more bad decisions that good to end up in this cesspool of suck.

If we turn it around and win this year, no one will care about any of these bottom of the roster moves. If we don't, well we'll keep nitpicking all the bad decisions.

Pretty accurate...

I still see people arguing that Rhule deserves the benefit of a doubt. I have yet to see a good reason why he's earned that.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I get keeping McCall, not convinced about Hoskins>Nixon

I get keeping McCall, but at the same time I've seen plenty of guys like McCall look great in the preseason then disappear when the games that counted got started.

Just have to hope he's not one of those guys...

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see. I'll start believing when we start winning again.

I like some of our moves but I've liked moves that have flopped before.

Understood.

I have mostly positive feelings about Fitterer as well but I get that there are people who lean the other way.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

"There is special providence in the fall of the sparrow....the readiness is all."

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.”

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.”

You didn't just go Henry V on me did you?  Was not prepared to transition from a tragedy to a history play.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1