• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many games does Elflein play until he's benched for Bozeman?

How many games does Elflein play until he's benched for Bozeman?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Elfein named starting Center - how long does it last?

• 1-3 games
    • 4-6 games
    • 7+ games

22 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I wanna know where the people were that came at me when I called Rhule out for this garbage when it was clear he was pushing for his guy Elflein?  I raged because it was the same garbage he's done since hes been here.  And all these know-it-alls came out of the woodwork to tell me "if I had been following along" I would've known they were really just rotating Boze and Elf with the QBs they were likely to work with, implying it lined up with Baker/Boze and Darnold/Elf.  

Well, well, well, look at us now.  SSDD.  Bozeman goes from a multi-year starter on one of the best OLs in the league last year to sitting behind fuging Pat Turnstile Elflein, who didn't even start to start the year last season on one of the league's worst OLs.🤣

Again, it's Rhule trying to show everyone he's the smartest guy in the room.  And if I'm not mistaken, I thought I read or heard last week that Bozeman was already recovered then...  so this isn't about the injury.  What a fuging idiot.

Maybe. But Boze is also coming off a high ankle sprain. Yes he's been back at practice and seems close to healthy, but big O linemen and high ankle sprains don't go well together. I think we're taking our time with him, and wisely.

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

Boze would be the guy if not for his injury. I think it'll be 1-2 games, and not even necessarily because of Elf struggles. Easy to make a change and say Boze wasn't quite ready to start week 1 coming off the injury.

He isn’t even on the injury report though 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I wanna know where the people were that came at me when I called Rhule out for this garbage when it was clear he was pushing for his guy Elflein?  I raged because it was the same garbage he's done since hes been here.  And all these know-it-alls came out of the woodwork to tell me "if I had been following along" I would've known they were really just rotating Boze and Elf with the QBs they were likely to work with, implying it lined up with Baker/Boze and Darnold/Elf.  

Well, well, well, look at us now.  SSDD.  Bozeman goes from a multi-year starter on one of the best OLs in the league last year to sitting behind fuging Pat Turnstile Elflein, who didn't even start to start the year last season on one of the league's worst OLs.🤣

Again, it's Rhule trying to show everyone he's the smartest guy in the room.  And if I'm not mistaken, I thought I read or heard last week that Bozeman was already recovered then...  so this isn't about the injury.  What a fuging idiot.

where did u read or hear Boze is recovered?

Edited by onmyown

15 minutes ago, onmyown said:

where did u read or hear Boze is recovered?

Not only the injury report, but I believe Rhule alluded to it in a presser that he was good, iirc.

But, as the others have pointed out, the injury report proves he doesn't even have any lingering effects.  This is just Rhule, being his usual dumbass self.

Even with Bozeman coming off a return from an injury he is still an upgrade over Elflein with our snap issues from practice and preseason. I'm still not at all sold on the interior. An early dose of hopium has clouded some perceptions but I fear that will all be brought back down to earth by the second half. Cleveland is going to throw everything and the kitchen sink at these fellas up front.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Even with Bozeman coming off a return from an injury he is still an upgrade over Elflein with our snap issues from practice and preseason. I'm still not at all sold on the interior. An early dose of hopium has clouded some perceptions but I fear that will all be brought back down to earth by the second half. Cleveland is going to throw everything and the kitchen sink at these fellas up front.

I was watching the highlights of both games the Browns had vs Pittsburg last year. The Steelers won 9 games and of course they had a HOF QB  at the end of his career. Clowney and Garrett were both handled well by Pittsburg's O line. Garrett did get some pressure and a sack maybe two. My point is the Pitt line wasn't "All World" last year and they did a respectable job on the vaunted Browns D line.

Just now, 3838 said:

I was watching the highlights of both games the Browns had vs Pittsburg last year. The Steelers won 9 games and of course they had a HOF QB  at the end of his career. Clowney and Garrett were both handled well by Pittsburg's O line. Garrett did get some pressure and a sack maybe two. My point is the Pitt line wasn't "All World" last year and they did a respectable job on the vaunted Browns D line.

I hear that but the Steelers weren't starting a former Browns QB and I have faith in Icky but he's going to take some lumps along the way we should prepare ourselves now.