• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Rhule the worst coach in the NFL right now

Sean Payton's Vicodin

15 minutes ago, Cavscout said:

I agree. After all, he was out coached by Stefanski 🤣

Man, I'm telling you...  Stefanski making him call that timeout on the faux-4th down attempt to allow them to kick a FG after burning our timeout...  My God.  Once Rhule saw what the actual endgame was there, he should've walked straight up to the suites, apologized for wasting everyone's time, and put in his resignation effective immediately.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Whomever does it first is at the head of the line for Sean Payton.

No HC has won a second SB with another team is the stat I belive. They can have him and would obviously not have learned from the McCarthy hire. I want an NFL O cordinator as the next HC.

Just now, Waldo said:

No HC has won a second SB with another team is the stat I belive. They can have him and would obviously not have learned from the McCarthy hire. I want an NFL O cordinator as the next HC.

What do you think Payton was before he was a HC?  Payton called the plays for NO as well.

1 hour ago, Randolph Panther said:

Rhule has to rate right up there with the worst ever.  Not just now.  I agree that Mcarthy and Kingsbury are awful too but they both did go to the playoffs last year.  I truly hate Rhule and for that matter P. Snow.  

And that's the thing...  I dont see how anyone could objectively argue he isn't the worst.  McCarthy is on the hottest seat because it's Dallas.  I don't think he's a great coach, but he's an average one and experienced.  If he was any other smaller market, he probably lasts 5+ years easy, hovering slightly above .500.

And people keep bringing up Kingsbury, but I think that is an even more damning comparison for Rhule.  Sure, the Cards tend to flame out late, they don't always seem focused, but his teams win...  and he came into the position with even less coaching experience than Rhule, college and pro...  and yet, he quickly turned them into a competitive team with a shot at the playoffs every year.  He might not be living up to heightened expectations, but again, for a guy who had even less experience than Rhule as a COLLEGE coach, not even pros, he came in and made them win more often than they lose.  And that led me to a moment of clarity this morning - Kingsbury has success because he played college football at a high level and specializes in something tangible that he's able to coach into his team.  Rhule is struggling because he doesn't have that.  At all.  What made him successful in college was his ability to talk and be a salesman, so he could recruit, get guys in the program, and then was pretty much hands off from there.  College, more than any other level of the sport is about, as my coach used to say, "the Jimmys and the Joes, not the Xs and the Os."  It is becoming very evident, Rhule doesn't know how to manage even the most basic duties on gameday, and he damn sure doesn't know how to implement and run a gameplan during the week.  Nor has he demonstrated any ability to actually coach guys up from a technical standpoint. 

And that's the difference.  He literally can't coach.  At all.  And he keeps flailing around trying to talk his way into success, like he did in college, and it just won't work.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

What do you think Payton was before he was a HC?  Payton called the plays for NO as well.

He was a great coach, he certainly slipped the last few years but he was a very suscseful HC. The fact is the odds of him wining a SB with another team is higly agaisnt him. That was my main point. I would expect some of the same stuff they had from McCarthy tho I 100% think Payton is a better coach by far.

Edited by Waldo