• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Browns miss the last FG, everybody here is singing a different tune....

musicman

If we won we would have more posts accentuating the positives and there would be less celebration/victory laps from the haters.     They say they don't, but some people really really want us to lose and they get all giddy with every loss.  Losses = End of Rhule.

In the end, Rhule still screwed up, the D couldn't stop the run, and the O looked lifeless in the early game.  Complaints on this board about Rhule will never stop until he gets a lot of wins, and so far, he hasn't gotten many.  Even if Rhule is fired it won't stop.   It will transition to how bad he WAS.  We'll mostly move on to beat the living tar out of whoever the next coach is, if we're not in the SB by year 3.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 2

35 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I have watched a replay of the game twice now (thanks NFL+) and man….. we had 2 pass plays drawn up there at the end before the field goal. That damn bobbled snap…. We would have had both shi open and CMC 1v1 against the safety. Damn it. 

the 3rd down we had an RPO drawn up but the browns triple teamed Moore. 

rhule thought he could weasel a win...thats what weasels do.... NOT IN THE NFL BOI.

35 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Hypothetically , if we iced him and he had gotten a kick off while we called time out and missed it. Then the ensuing play he proceeds to make the field goal. Do you think everyone would be angry for attempting to ice the kicker ?

Honest question. This kept me up last night thinking about it.

Yeah, it works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't.   Of all the things we did wrong, that's near the bottom of the list.

Reports said York took a practice shot from that distance and missed.  That rookie said he adjusted based on the wind and that earlier kick.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 2

This team was unprepared , outplayed , and got their asses kicked. Don’t care how close the final score was - the browns came in here and punched us right in the mouth. They won just about every category in the game. It was only close because they had a poo poo QB playing 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Rubi said:

This team was unprepared , outplayed , and got their asses kicked. Don’t care how close the final score was - the browns came in here and punched us right in the mouth. They won just about every category in the game. It was only close because they had a poo poo QB playing 

That was the only reason it was going to be close anyway.. They have the better roster, better coach and team that has been together for a few years..

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Yeah, it works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't.   Of all the things we did wrong, that's near the bottom of the list.

Reports said York took a practice shot from that distance and missed.  That rookie said he adjusted based on the wind and that earlier kick.

Reports also said he was hitting 69 yarders effortlessly 

• Pie 1

If he missed the kick, the majority of the board would still be calling out all the same stuff.   The team was totally unprepared and the game plan was horrible.    The kick going in or out doesn’t change that.  Or make it less glaring. 

all that would change is the Rhule defenders would be high stepping in every thread.  

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

We called passing plays at the end… I’m not following weasel statement here. In all honesty the credit of those play calls go to mcadoo

we didn't in the redzone...i get it...thats what got us there... you and I both knew it was cmc up the middle for 3 plays...he thought he could weasel a win with a field goal

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

If the O line didn’t look like one of the worst in the league for a third year, if we didn’t have more botched snaps l/batted passes than a high school game, if we had a full game of solid QB play, if we were to get big production out of CMC, if the D line didn’t look worse than last year against a statue backup QB, if our linebackers looked like they belonged in the NFL, if Henderson didn’t tackle a WR 5 seconds before the ball arrived wiping out an end zone pick, we would all be singing a different tune.

Pretty much this...

You can throw out all the hypotheticals you want. They change nothing.

54 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Hypothetically , if we iced him and he had gotten a kick off while we called time out and missed it. Then the ensuing play he proceeds to make the field goal. Do you think everyone would be angry for attempting to ice the kicker ?

Honest question. This kept me up last night thinking about it.

That's the hard part about being a football coach. Results based business. W or L determines if you made the right decision. What's right this week might be wrong the next. You're only measured by Ws and Ls.

4 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

we didn't in the redzone...i get it...thats what got us there... you and I both knew it was cmc up the middle for 3 plays...he thought he could weasel a win with a field goal

Pimp, as I shared in this thread. 2 of the 3 plays we called in the Redzone were passing plays. The first one was a bobbled snap that would have had both Shi and CMC in isolation situations. The second play was a run play. The third play was a RPO with DJ (tripled team) as the first option and handoff to CMC second option. We didn’t just roll over.

• Pie 2