• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moral victories vs. Pessimism

Wundrbread33

4 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

I saw a photo of the stands in the first quarter yesterday from a friend. It was embarrassing. Thank goodness the browns fans showed up. Had they not, Tepper would have been looking at around 50% occupancy for his home opener. 

continually losing at home is one of the surefire was to kill a fan base. He better get that fixed ASAP. 

That's one off my 7-10 down to 6-11 now. This is worse than Seifert but this time the players are getting coddled and the fanbase is feeling the abuse.

This demise of our franchise is heart rendering.

Only one man(.695 NFL win %) is a lock to fix this mess and allow Tepper to sit back and watch the magic. Football is militarized. Discipline. If you're not where your supposed to be the whole unit fails. No taping on chests my bad sh*t. Jim Harbaugh doesn't have time for that, especially as far as grown well compensated men are concerned. This isn't a country club. Some guys, even your favorites have only this one shot for glory. Injury could happen to anyone especially playing the biggest strongest fastest athletes on the planet. That's why there should be urgency every season, not oh, um I'm just trying something here, yeah 7yrs.

1 minute ago, jackson113 said:

Football is entertainment, plain and simple. Same thing as watching Seinfeld or Duck dynasty. If your team wins, it's more entertaining, if they lose it's a poo show.

The huddle is a place to vent when things go badly. Rejoice when thing go good. 

Tell that to the guy working at the Infinity dealership with his freshly worn scuffed up Panthers helmet in his cubicle on display behind him while you shake his hand and he hands you your keys.

2 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Rather have one 1-16 season than five 5-12 seasons... I want him to fail to get the purgatory over with. I think the huddle is with me.

You don't have to want him to fail, he was always going to fail in the NFL and he already technically failed last year anyways. Only Tepper and a handful of blind homers bad at football ever thought he was in it this year. Most just faked it to survive another bad offseason until they made it official on Sunday. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Similar. 

In my 20’s I was so angry when it came to sports. Took everything personally. A loss would sometimes linger all week. 

I guess my agenda here is the hope that people on here will realize they don’t have a say/control what the team does. 

If you can’t find something to like about the Panthers, then you are fuging yourself over and wasting your time. Doesn’t mean you can’t get disappointed or upset. Just don’t be consumed by it.

I see a lot pain in here. Life is too short to give that much of a sh!t. 

Just my opinion though. 

I’m with on growing out of the phase of letting the Panthers ruin your day or week, but I think people should be allowed to vent about their frustrations here. Because, at the end of the day, most guys’ gf, wife, coworkers, friends, or parents don’t give two shits about Panthers football.  This is where we unite lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I’m with on growing out of the phase of letting the Panthers ruin your day or week, but I think people should be allowed to vent about their frustrations here. Because, at the end of the day, most guys’ gf, wife, coworkers, friends, or parents don’t give two shits about Panthers football.  This is where we unite lol

Venting is cool, but it tends to devolve into calling each other retards. People who look for positives are said to have a “losers mentality” and extreme venters are called many things equating to “grumpy bastards.”

Sometimes it’s better to log off and take a walk, have a beer, or look at some boobies. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

I wanted us to win that game as much as the next fan. Let's be honest here, with a real coaching staff we win that game pretty easily. 

We have a real staff minus Rhule. It sucks when you have this guy who obviously doesn’t belong in the NFL with the power to over-rule guys who know what they’re doing.

6 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Venting is cool, but it tends to devolve into calling each other retards. People who look for positives are said to have a “losers mentality” and extreme venters are called many things equating to “grumpy bastards.”

Sometimes it’s better to log off and take a walk, have a beer, or look at some boobies. 

Teh Locker Room in teh huddle was closed because boobies hurt somebody's eyes or feelings or ego or something. We no longer have that anymore. Boobies, butts, cheerleaders. These crybaby revolutionaries ruin every damn thing.

To boobies!

Salute GIF

God knows we all need more!

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1