• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Roar - Aftermath

mrcompletely11

24 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Officiating is always a problem and sloppy like everything else early. It's a win some lose some reality. Like when Luke held Gronk and we won. Or Cam getting free hits to his helmet opening game 2016.

The officiating stunk but it was not the reason we lost. Hell you can hang that on time management alone in this game becaude it literally lost the game.

Yep.  That’s the NFL.  That massive win over the Patriots didn’t have threads about how we need better refs and Patriots should of won.   We simply said, well…..refs are human.  Patriots shouldn’t of let it come down to that.   Well, let’s be honest.  We largely just boldly lied that it wasn’t PI. 

but that’s why the podcast doesn’t fixate on the refs.  You could blame the ref every week for the outcome of a game.  They consistently get stuff wrong throughout every game.  Human element of refs is part of football.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yep.  That’s the NFL.  That massive win over the Patriots didn’t have threads about how we need better refs and Patriots should of won.   We simply said, well…..refs are human.  Patriots shouldn’t of let it come down to that.   Well, let’s be honest.  We largely just boldly lied that it wasn’t PI. 

Why would the victors and beneficiaries of bad officiating be posting threads after a win about how we need better refs 😂 I guarantee you those threads existed on the Patriots' boards.  And whether people choose to talk about something or not doesn't determine its validity.  The Patriots should have won that game, that's a pretty clear and uncontroversial statement.  What should also be an uncontroversial statement is saying that we got screwed out of a win by the refs while also acknowledging we played poorly and were poorly coached, which were bigger issues.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

I don't understand why the officiating isn't considered a problem by either John or Billy.  Their argument is that the Panthers shouldn't have let it be that close.  Ok, fair enough.  However, what if both teams had played out of their minds - a great game.  Then that call gets made at the end and the Panthers lose.  Is it a problem then?

Officials need to be held accountable.  The rule in question is actually pretty clear, and it wasn't called the way it was written.  Had it been called that way, you're faced with the prospect of a rookie kicker making an NFL record field goal.  I'll take that.

My point here is that the performance of either team should not impact the officiating.  Whether a team is performing well or poorly, the officiating should be the same.

Actually, the kick most likely would not have happened. It was 13 seconds left. The penalty would cost the Browns 10 seconds and the clock would start on the officials ball placement. The kicker would have to run like hell and pray that he can get set and snap the ball in less than 3 seconds. It would not happen.

22 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Why would the victors and beneficiaries of bad officiating be posting threads after a win about how we need better refs 😂 I guarantee you those threads existed on the Patriots' boards.  And whether people choose to talk about something or not doesn't determine its validity.  The Patriots should have won that game, that's a pretty clear and uncontroversial statement.  What should also be an uncontroversial statement is saying that we got screwed out of a win by the refs while also acknowledging we played poorly and were poorly coached, which were bigger issues.

The logic of how refs/football go should be the same in the end.  Yes, you are going to be happy with one outcome vs the other pending who your team .... but the overall logic shouldn't be different.  

If you are okay with the massive Panther win over the Patriots......and that being football.  Then so was Sunday vs the Browns.  Patriots had all game to try to win.  They didn't get a call they should of in the endzone.  That's sports.   The ref didn't' lose them the game though.   Bad calls on final drives get over emphasized vs all the other bad calls going on all game. 

I have said countless times the refs blew the call and frankly I think given they reviewed a call together and still didn't catch it...should have consequences for them.  Because it is worse than simply a bad judgement call.  But all that said, the primary reason we lost is because we played horrible, had a bad gameplan and managed it poorly.  That is a greater reason for the loss than that call.

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

Hey thanks for the help.  But hey, that's all you do.

Listened to the podcast. 

In a nutshell they think we should stop the run game.   Wow, didn't think of that.

Come on man  if you don’t like the poster ok 

The Podcast with John Ellis, who  is a very fine analyst of the Panthers, was spot on 

Their  very first point was after Snow said he ‘wanted to get bigger on the d line’ in the off-season and the GM agreed, nothing was done  about it and here they are 

The Panthers  have sucked at stopping the run since Snow got here   Last year, it was run to the left.  This year, it’s run anywhere   

Add to it 17 missed tackles for a NFL team is atrocious   

it’s hard to tell which is worse, the dline, the linebackers, the actual desire to stop someone or understanding how to stop the run   

• Beer 2

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

Come on man  if you don’t like the poster ok 

The Podcast with John Ellis, who  is a very fine analyst of the Panthers, was spot on 

Their  very first point was after Snow said he ‘wanted to get bigger on the d line’ in the off-season and the GM agreed, nothing was done  about it and here they are 

The Panthers  have sucked at stopping the run since Snow got here   Last year, it was run to the left.  This year, it’s run anywhere   

Add to it 17 missed tackles for a NFL team is atrocious   

it’s hard to tell which is worse, the dline, the linebackers, the actual desire to stop someone or understanding how to stop the run   

No arguing any of that.  It just wasn't anything we didn't already know.  They've had more informative casts.

4 minutes ago, poundaway said:

callS with an "s".  Two calls on the same GWD with a minute to play.

I'll point out I'm not big on Rhule, and as bad as 0-14 is in 1 score games this isn't the first time in his tenure we have been absolutely jobbed.

I'll need to look up the exact statistics but for Ron's first two years he was somthing like 1-12 in one score games.

• Beer 1