• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we officially declare TMJ a bust?

TheBigKat

On 9/16/2022 at 7:06 PM, frankw said:

Personally I don't think Fitterer should get a pass if Rhule is going to get so much heat but there has been some good with Scott. I don't mind the "in on every deal" approach compared to what we had with Hurney but it would be nice if it weren't limited only to the Jets and Jaguars two of the worst teams in the league. I'm just saying.

remember the henderson trade came after Horn's injury, but before Girlmore, so they actually needed a body and Henderson was just a good opportunity.

I really like buying low on high first rounders, especially from teams that are poorly run, and both henderson and Levault came from the jags for relatively low prices. That was one of the ways that Belichick was so successful for so long, and was able to overcome some (at times) poor drafting. 

But that only works if you have the coaching to bring out the best in them and the Panthers are clearly lacking that right now. 

Third round picks to me aren't considered "buying low". Sending a third round pick to get an established talent like Greg Olsen was a great buy-low opportunity to me, especially after taking a franchise QB. That's about the only time I'm cool with trading a pick like that. 

Third round picks are premium draft capital in my eyes when you don't have a franchise QB - especially when they are whiffing more often than not on their evaluations.

Understand the sentiment of buying low on first rounders. I don't think they have a plan over there.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:03 PM, Cornflake said:

Pretty sure Shi was hand picked by Rhule from when he coached him in the Senior Bowl. I don't love the guy either, but lets simmer down on blaming EVERYTHING on him lmao. TMJ was probably a Joe Brady nudge. 

This is the problem right here. Fhule is so set on playing his "favorites" that he will do so at the expense of the team time and time again. Why did Tepper think it was a good idea to give this bum final say on the roster?

24 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Third round picks to me aren't considered "buying low". Sending a third round pick to get an established talent like Greg Olsen was a great buy-low opportunity to me, especially after taking a franchise QB. That's about the only time I'm cool with trading a pick like that. 

Third round picks are premium draft capital in my eyes when you don't have a franchise QB - especially when they are whiffing more often than not on their evaluations.

Understand the sentiment of buying low on first rounders. I don't think they have a plan over there.

the olsen trade looks a lot better in retrospect, but he didn't become what he was until Carolina, and was generally considered a bust in Chicago. I mean even the year before we traded for him, he had 400 yards and just 41 catches. He didn't even start every game. If we made that trade today, Panthers fans would be furious/

And even with Carolina, he didn't REALLY become greg until 2012/2013. 

I do think you need to get starters with 3rd rounders, or at least guys that can contribute, and with one (admittedly horrible) play aside, Henderson has looked good through the past two weeks. 

• Pie 3

Baffles me how good he was in preseason last year and didn't do much during the season.  This go around he was non-existent in preseason and a complete no show so far.

It's one of two things.

Either he is a total bust or maybe he's not getting along with this team.  We saw the tweets the other day of many of our players not getting it as well.  

**Purely Opinion**

I think he wants out of Charlotte and is trying to get back with Burrow and Chase in Cincinnati.  I honestly thought when there were talks of trading a WR I was expecting us to have dealt him to Cincinnati. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Marshall played almost half his available snaps (missed 3 games I think), way more than Smith last year. He was basically WR3, when they weren’t in two TE sets and did nothing. You’re assumption is way off. Marshall played the most snapped by like 30-40% in the last preseason game and couldn’t get open. Baker even threw a TD to Smith when Marshall tripped and Baker looked away from him.

Marshall has had a ton of opportunity and done nothing. There’s no favoritism at all, regardless if Rhule sucks. Just watching the preseason games it was evident that Smith got open way more. He had a poo ass game this week but if you watched the preseason games, Marshall couldn’t get open against reserves. Just that simple.

Smith gets separation, that's why he is playing, he just needs to catch the ball. This is his first bad game so not going to poo on him. TMJ probably will get more opportunities soon but he better take advantage of them. He have good practices but in-game be missing. 

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Horn slander is getting silly (this isn’t directed at anyone just Twitterverse in general)

Horn's biggest problem is basically the one he had in college. He gets rather grabby, so he is going to end up getting some flags.

Other than that, I don't see why he is getting any shade.

• Beer 2