• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other games

Mr. Scot

56 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Idgaf.  Throw everything and the kitchen sink at Lamar.  fug the Ravens.

We had this discussion with Deshaun Watson. What's the point of acquiring him if you trade away your ability to build around him?

Beyond that though, regular season Jackson has been amazing since he was s rookie. Playoff Jackson...not so much.

I'd need to see improvement from playoff Jackson before I'd be ready to make any deal.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

We had this discussion with Deshaun Watson. What's the point of acquiring him if you trade away your ability to build around him?

Beyond that though, regular season Jackson has been amazing since he was s rookie. Playoff Jackson...not so much.

I'd need to see improvement from playoff Jackson before I'd be ready to make any deal.

Thats the deal, panthers still have holes all over. QB does fill/help some, but not DT, DE, LB, TE, and overall depth...

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

So you’re telling me this Saints team would rather have a WR over LOOKING like potentially picking a qb of the future? Even getting the chance to take that, is gone. For a wide receiver. And I noted that he’s really good. Not saying he’s a bad player. The way this saints team is built, it’s running out of time. Being in cap hell, you’d think they wanna hold onto their top ten pick. You’ve Olave and qb purgatory and cap hell. THATS the point I’m making. Stop arguing and being negative on every point anyone ever makes. I’m not saying Darnold is great. Obviously it’s a trade I regret and do not like. Medias been POUNDING us for that trade. Yet when the saints make a poor trade, mouths are reaaaaaal quiet.

I mean, I wouldn't have made that trade in their situation nor our situation. But it's leaps and bounds better than the Darnold trade. That was one of the worst trades we have ever made as a franchise. The cap hell is nonsense. They have a very adept front office at using the cap loopholes effectively, hence why for years we have been hearing about cap hell and they still are able to get players.

As for the rest, just quit having a hissy fit about some point you were attempting to make that was so incredibly moronic. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm just saying, if we were willing to trade what was rumored for Watson, I don't see why we wouldn't offer the same for Lamar.  And imo, I actually think for some reason, Lamar would actually command less than Watson in the trade market.

I'm OK with the lack of playoff success because I think a lot of it has to do with their team construction.  

All that being said, I would much rather keep swinging at college guys until we hit, but considering we'll likely be in middle-first-round purgatory for the foreseeable future, we likely won't be getting our pick but rather what's left (See Matt Corral).  But, I admittedly am a fan of Lamar as a player, which is also what makes the idea of acquiring him exciting.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm just saying, if we were willing to trade what was rumored for Watson, I don't see why we wouldn't offer the same for Lamar.  And imo, I actually think for some reason, Lamar would actually command less than Watson in the trade market.

I'm OK with the lack of playoff success because I think a lot of it has to do with their team construction.  

All that being said, I would much rather keep swinging at college guys until we hit, but considering we'll likely be in middle-first-round purgatory for the foreseeable future, we likely won't be getting our pick but rather what's left (See Matt Corral).

Lamarception Billss

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Moron reporting!!! While I still maintain WRs do not want to sign there, btw I need to ask@ForJimmy who had the least targets for WRs 2 out of the last 3 years?? You know, its right in front of you... Borrow a college page, if you were recruiting WRs for your team and had the least targets, how hard would it be??

Alllllll that said, if they gave a 4 week MVP trophy, my vote would be 100% Lamar. He was incredible in his MVP season and same goes for this season too.   

IIRC you are one of the people who persistently cannot see that Lamar is an elite QB. Not a running back. You can try and gyrate any which way you want but the results, statistics and the tape are saying something completely different. 

About the only shade you can throw at Lamar at the moment is that he is toting a pretty hefty "choker" tag when it comes to the playoffs.