• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule defenders chime in here

Zod

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

If we are looking at 0-3, 1-4 and if we dont trade cmac (and others) then this front office is even more moronic then I originally thought.   I would be shopping cmac right fuging now if I was a gm.  Why waste yet another year on him when there might be a bidding war among the top tier teams

Because they are not conceding the season right now.  Now if Tepper starts canning people then it changes the equation.  That starts the rebuild all over again. 

I agree with you that it's an inevitable reality that this is another wasted season in the "process" but that's the hand is fans are dealt.  Everything hinges on whether Tepper decides he's had enough of Rhule and the embarrassment he is as the Panthers head coach. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Because they are not conceding the season right now.  Now if Tepper starts canning people then it changes the equation.  That starts the rebuild all over again. 

I agree with you that it's an inevitable reality that this is another wasted season in the "process" but that's the hand is fans are dealt.  Everything hinges on whether Tepper decides he's had enough of Rhule and the embarrassment he is as the Panthers head coach. 

0-3 then they should be conceding.   The odds are astronomical as they are now but 0-3 is doomsday

• Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

0-3 then they should be conceding.   The odds are astronomical as they are now but 0-3 is doomsday

That would turn his seat red hot.  But Tepper is a stubborn SOB so i will have to say I will believe it when I see it.  I still can't believe he gave Rhule another season so you will have to forgive me if I am not ready to guarantee it.

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

It does feel like Rhule did in fact hoodwink Tepper. Honestly thats where most of the Rhule hate should be directed towards. Tepper flew down to texas and gave him the keys to BOA, full control, AND let him hire all the temple/baylor sport science bros.......

IMO 2020 showed lots of promise, maybe gave Tepper more juice to believe he was right to give a 1st time NFL HC the insane 7 year top 6 money.... 2021 slump-city. 2022 lost the first two in heartbreaking/panther fashion... Tepper can at any point fire Rhule, 64 million is pennies to him.....He allowed the RHule show to continue....  

Tend to agree with you in large part about the season so far and the overall picture in general. It wasn’t luck, it was a great kick but also it was Gano’s 3rd longest make of his career. He could have missed it easily. Who knows then… OT. 

I don’t think the Panthers deserved to win though, as NY missed a lot of opportunities to pull away as well. And minus two on turnovers, they deserved to lose not getting even one turnover. We didn’t dictate poo. Tackling was better at least  

week one, I just throw that out. Pretty much always just on principle. Never saw playoffs for this year though so that helps with the blood pressure.
And definitely ditto for directing the dissatisfaction at the actual responsible party. I posted some Tepper scorn elsewhere.
Maybe he”ll say or do something that would get him in JR level PR trouble. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Here we go again the with the dreaded "this place is so negative!" storyline. I'm sorry to have to interrupt your victimhood narrative here but this time last year poundaway was making enemies of just about every mod and turning every thread into a "this place is awful and toxic" whinefest alongside iamhubby1. By the fall they were reduced to threatening Sam Darnold and Matt Rhule skeptics with receipts of their posts for when the season concluded only to disappear. They picked up right where they left off when they returned months later attacking CRA in thread to thread begging for an avatar bet and screaming about Joe Brady. Your victim has been a willing participant and a bully themselves. Spare the outrage please and thank you.

What are you talking about dude 😂 how did you get a “this place is so negative!” vibe from my post? I’m saying why would people who dislike negativity logically jump onto the boards to engage during peak negativity (i.e. right after a loss or in the middle of a game where we’re sucking)? I’m not complaining about it being peak negativity after a loss, of course it will naturally be.

And the comment about poundaway was specifically about Kungfoo’s point about “fairweather fans” being MIA from the Huddle like they’re fake fans for not being here, when the dude was literally AT THE GAME which is why he wasn’t posting 😂. Not sure why you are ranting about his entire character arc like that had anything to do with what I was saying.

Relax, Frankie. Speaking of character arcs, I thought you were developing into more of an anti-hero but don’t slip back into your old ways now. Only one of us is outraged here.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

What are you talking about dude 😂 how did you get a “this place is so negative!” vibe from my post? I’m saying why would people who dislike negativity logically jump onto the boards to engage during peak negativity (i.e. right after a loss or in the middle of a game where we’re sucking)? I’m not complaining about it being peak negativity after a loss, of course it will naturally be.

And the comment about poundaway was specifically about Kungfoo’s point about “fairweather fans” being MIA from the Huddle like they’re fake fans for not being here, when the dude was literally AT THE GAME which is why he wasn’t posting 😂. Not sure why you are ranting about his entire character arc like that had anything to do with what I was saying.

Relax, Frankie. Speaking of character arcs, I thought you were developing into more of an anti-hero but don’t slip back into your old ways now. Only one of us is outraged here.

Chuck is losing it. 🤣

22 hours ago, stratocatter said:

Tend to agree with you in large part about the season so far and the overall picture in general. It wasn’t luck, it was a great kick but also it was Gano’s 3rd longest make of his career. He could have missed it easily. Who knows then… OT. 

I don’t think the Panthers deserved to win though, as NY missed a lot of opportunities to pull away as well. And minus two on turnovers, they deserved to lose not getting even one turnover. We didn’t dictate poo. Tackling was better at least  

week one, I just throw that out. Pretty much always just on principle. Never saw playoffs for this year though so that helps with the blood pressure.
And definitely ditto for directing the dissatisfaction at the actual responsible party. I posted some Tepper scorn elsewhere.
Maybe he”ll say or do something that would get him in JR level PR trouble. 

Lots of reason and smart thoughts here. Huddle needs more of it. Please post more when you can. 

Edited by Basbear

I could see the reasons why the team has struggled thenfirst 2 years, and was more than willing to give Rhule his 3rd year. 

Being 💯 honest, I use to never miss a game.  The Panthers use to be a religion to me.  I am now at the point where I don't even care if I miss a game.  I started accepting the idea of missing live games, because as a truck driver, it's just extremely difficult to catch the games live. I'd pay for game rewind, and watch them that way.  Now I'm not even bothering with that.  Why?

Simply put, this team hasn't had an identity since Rivera was poo canned. 

I'm not here to bash Rhule.  You guys got that down without me pulling Mr. Asshole off the shelf. 

I do know that this team has been very painful to watch when I have invested the time to do so. 

I believe Tepper wants a winner as much as we do,  so I'd imagine this not fun for him either.  

I'm honestly ready for Rhule to be gone.

Make Wilks the interim coach for the rest of the season. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 9/19/2022 at 11:11 AM, CanadianCat said:

I'll come to the table on this challenge @Zod its kind of the same reasoning as I had with Fox and RR. 

I will still maintain that both Fox and RR where very good coaches. But I also agree that sometimes change is good for everyone. 

Regarding Rhule. I like that he is the CEO type coach. I think a lot of coaches become HC's because they are expect play callers but its hard to do that when you are the HC, you have SO many more duties. So I like that Rhule is a CEO type. 

Now is he running a successful team? No, but I don't necessarily think that's entirely his fault. He was hired under a 7 year contract. His mission from the start was to build this team right and everyone including Tepper said 'Rome is not built in a day' so I think Rhule has been trying to build a team that once all the pieces are in place you drop a rookie QB in and go. On paper that is the BEST way to build a team as it takes advantage of their rookie salary. 

I think that is exactly how the team has been trying to build. Thats why we passed on a bunch of QB's in previous drafts. Get the team ready then bring in a QB. BUT.. you also need to not tank.. so we have (smartly IMO) taken shots on high upside players (Bridgewater, Darnold, Baker) if those guys would hit, then we are YEARS a head in the process. They have not... and in this team building theory, thats not the end of the world cause we are still following the master plan. 

So I think Rhule is building the team exactly the way he was hired to do it. But its hard watching this team on sundays. 

Lmao excuse me??? Rhule is a good CEO type coach? What type of company would put up with his bullshit exudes for three years?  Absolute clown comment.  Just look at his hirings/firings - scapegoating at its best, aka, not CEO material

• Beer 1