• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn….

rmoneyg35

13 hours ago, rayzor said:

We drafted him because of his skills in man coverage, right? And we've got him playing zone.

Why should I expect anything else?

Yep. Him and Henderson actually 

Year 1 Snow and Rhule used the excuse that our corners weren’t able to play man (which they weren’t) so it limited what they could do on defense

Year 2 we draft Horn and trade for Henderson. Two guys known for their ability to play man. People hate on CJ but the guy was an absolute stud in man at Florida. 

Year 3… we are playing more zone 

Can’t even make this sh!t up. Use a 1st rounder and trade a 3rd rounder on man to man coverage corners only to play more zone

• Pie 2

Yeah I don't think Horn merits the hate at all. He was a shutdown corner right out of the gate as a rookie. Then he gets a massive injury and plays his first meaningful football in almost a year and people are pissed because he's committed a few penalties? It's OK to be upset but use some simple context before you actually write him off. If he's doing this all year that's one thing but give him a few games to shake off the rust and get used to real life NFL speed. Hell it's not even like he's playing awful. He's basically playing like an average starting cb which is pretty good for a guy who has only played a handful of games and had a major injury.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

Rhule said during his presser yesterday that they are playing more zone now because Steve Wilks wants us to intercept the ball more. A novel thought, Coach Wilks.

It's the definition of Matt Rhule football.  No vision, no identify and absolutely nothing being built. 

Matt Rhule's first move was to make CMC the highest paid RB in the NFL, talks about running the ball and.....keeps adding bad pass happy OCs. 

Matt Rhule spends a top pick on a man CB despite having no OL, QB, etc....and runs heavy zone coverage.

• Flames 3

9 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Yeah I don't think Horn merits the hate at all. He was a shutdown corner right out of the gate as a rookie. Then he gets a massive injury and plays his first meaningful football in almost a year and people are pissed because he's committed a few penalties? It's OK to be upset but use some simple context before you actually write him off. If he's doing this all year that's one thing but give him a few games to shake off the rust and get used to real life NFL speed. Hell it's not even like he's playing awful. He's basically playing like an average starting cb which is pretty good for a guy who has only played a handful of games and had a major injury.

I mean, I think people are coming too hard at him.  He is a rookie. 

But part of the reason people are coming hard at him is because he got drastically overrated and overblown off of last season.  I mean, he wasn't a shutdown corner right out of the gate.  There was nothing for him to shutdown in reality.   He didn't face anything. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

It's the definition of Matt Rhule football.  No vision, no identify and absolutely nothing being built. 

Matt Rhule's first move was to make CMC the highest paid RB in the NFL, talks about running the ball and.....keeps adding bad pass happy OCs. 

Matt Rhule spends a top pick on a man CB despite having no OL, QB, etc....and runs heavy zone coverage.

Jesus Christ….when you spell it out like this it’s like reading a horror story.

• Beer 1

Probably because three of the next five picks already look great, including Surtain, who was picked next and plays the same position.

Also probably because the Giants just picked twice in the top seven because they were smart enough to say yes to the same deal we were offered. Almost all of the realistic alternatives—picking the other corner, picking the offensive tackle, picking the LB/EDGE, trading down with Chicago, maybe even picking Fields—look better than what we ended up with. 

Obviously none of this is Horn’s fault, though.

32 minutes ago, Snake said:

And that's why I scratched my head when he was hired. Not that Mike McCarthy would have been great but he wouldn't have had this 🤡 show going on. 

i really liked the idea of an innovative guy who was into analytics and had turned a couple programs around. still a good idea. we just don't have that guy. i thought that coming from college where things are more progressive would have been an asset, and with the right guy it might be. the problem...one of quite a few...is that coaching kids in college is a different beast than coaching grownups. totally different mentality. someone good at one very well won't be good at the other. people generally coach at the level they are best suited. one thing is for sure, you can't do the same things at one you do at the other. it's not "all just football".

and no...mccarthy wouldn't have been much better. we'd still suck, it would just be a different kind of suck.

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, I think people are coming too hard at him.  He is a rookie. 

But part of the reason people are coming hard at him is because he got drastically overrated and overblown off of last season.  I mean, he wasn't a shutdown corner right out of the gate.  There was nothing for him to shutdown in reality.   He didn't face anything. 

What do you want from him? He can't change his competition. You still have NFL offenses who were scared to throw his way last year. In a league where Carson Wentz and Joe Flacco are throwing 300+ yards per week this year, you can't just say he's no good because he shutdown mediocre opposition. Especially when he did it as a rookie. I'm not sitting here anointing him as the 2nd coming of Darrell Revis; I'm willing to acknowledge that the book is still unwritten on him. That's all I'm asking the haters to do as well.

• Beer 1