• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Tepper keep Fitt and let him hire his own coach?

NAS

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How would that be different than letting Fitts do it? Tepper hired Fitts, along with heavy input from Matt fuging Rhule. 😂

End of the day, Tepper is choosing the new HC. Our only hope is that whoever our GM is can put some candidates in front of him. Now if we fire Fitts with Rhule, what GM worth anything is going to come here knowing that they aren't even going to get a legitimate chance to actually do anything? You're ready to fire him after 1 season. Who's coming here on such a short leash? We'll end up in the same position we were trying to find a new OC. Do you really want Ben McAdoo of GMs?

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How would that be different than letting Fitts do it? Tepper hired Fitts, along with heavy input from Matt fuging Rhule. 😂

Come on, LG. That's a cop out and you know it.

I can tell you I am not comfortable with putting our future leadership in the hands of the dimmest football mind in the building.

Whatever you think of Fitterer, you know he knows more about football than Tepper.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Come on, LG. That's a cop out and you know it.

I can tell you I am not comfortable with putting our future leadership in the hands of the dimmest football mind in the building.

Whatever you think of Fitterer, you know he knows more about football than Tepper.

Which part was a cop out? It's just the truth.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you fire the GM, guess who's hiring both the next GM and the next head coach 🤔

I'd absolutely give Fitterer and Morgan the chance to pick a head coach before I'd give David Tepper the chance to pick an entire braintrust of his own choosing.

Tepper needs to hire someone who will help scout the next GM (like JR did with Gettle despite lot working out), then that GM needs to surround himself with his people and hire the next coach like basically every other FO does.

• Pie 2

Fitterer is a likable guy but I’m underwhelmed by him. I think he’s a breath of fresh air because we had Hurney for 2 stints and a fat joke in between those two stints. 

All of his trades and all are exciting but I haven’t exactly seen any of them pan out. He has depleted our draft capital and while it’s two early to tell on his draft choices many of them have been underwhelming too.

He’s not Marty Hurney which is why he is liked so much. I think if Rhule goes, he needs to as well. 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which part was a cop out? It's just the truth.

Not even remotely...

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Tepper needs to hire someone who will help scout the next GM (like JR did with Gettle despite lot working out), then that GM needs to surround himself with his people and hire the next coach like basically every other FO does.

He already said the last time they did a GM search that he wasn't going to do that.

Tepper also stated it was his desire to bring in a "non-traditional" GM who had a background in analytics rather than personnel. If there's one thing we can thank Matt Rhule for, it's helping us avoid going down that path.

But hey, if you guys want to argue that the person who thought the best path to success was to give a big contract and full control to a mid-tier college coach is the right guy to choose our future leadership, I'm willing to listen.

Gonna have to be a hell of a sales job though...

Tepper should never have kept Hurney. He should’ve hired a GM and let him choose the coach. Instead he did it ass backwards. I have no idea if Fitterer is a good GM or not because he has Rhule and Tepper anchored to him, but I don’t care. Clean house, start over, and do it the right way.

hire a search firm to find the next general manager. Give him 100% freedom to build his front office as fit and hire whoever he wants as head coach. Then him and the coach are on the same clock unlike it is now. The way this season is going they will also be in position to pick the next franchise QB as well.