• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Matt Rhule and company are using analytics then they don't understand how to use analytics

LinvilleGorge

To drive my point home, our 3rd down conversion rate is 26%. Horrible, right?

But, it's pretty much exactly what you'd expect it to be based on 2017 regular season data on 3rd down conversion success based on yards to go which is the only info on the matter I could find with a quick search.

0S1-OK-kdNZEHWl9RcEM9ofPk7BhI_fEqoDKxU_vEjw.jpg.4dcc5c44f8bed4adbd106efb2e633ce8.jpg

In short, our offensive issue is absolutely NOT converting 3rd downs. We're actually okay there based on the analytics. Not great. Not awful. But fine. Consistently putting ourselves into 3rd and long situations is our issue on offense.

This may point heavily to Orlovski being right about us tipping our hand on offense. You can't really tip your hand on 3rd and long. It's an obvious passing down. Take away our ability to tip our own hand and we're pretty much the overall average offense mose of us expected us to be. Not great. Not awful. But fine.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

To drive my point home, our 3rd down conversion rate is 26%. Horrible, right?

But, it's almost exactly what you'd expect it to be based on 2017 regular season data on 3rd down conversion success based on yards to go which is the only info on the matter I could find with a quick search.

0S1-OK-kdNZEHWl9RcEM9ofPk7BhI_fEqoDKxU_vEjw.jpg.4dcc5c44f8bed4adbd106efb2e633ce8.jpg

Someone should ask Rhule about this, since he says we are rushing for 6+ ypc, how do we keep ending up in 3rd and 9+ yards to go situations? 

The whole group is a bunch of idiots and retread losers. 

And No i Do not want to hear from any of these coaches fanboys that they are not bad coaches, if any of these morons were not bad coaches they would be employed on another team , not with Matt Rhules group of losers. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

You’re supposed to be laughing remember… not emotionally invested…

I'm a total numbers geek. I actually enjoy analytics. It's not emotional for me. Numbers are what they are and it's fun to look at it. And it's fun to laugh at our staff when they show such blatant ignorance of it while acting like they're out-analyzing the rest of the league while losing 2.5 games for every 1 that they win. 😂

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2