• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker high ankle sprain

Jackie Lee

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Do we have a QB on the practice squad because otherwise, there is no backup.

We will run wildcat imo if PJ is injured. Yes I think PJ will be injured at some point this season. Wonder how Sam is feeling?

Edited by pantherj

1 hour ago, Evil Hurney said:

Just imagine if the NFL protected Cam like they do Brady. Cam would be in the prime of his career right now ... sigh

That makes no sense. He still would've been smashed, he just would've gotten the calls. Brady doesn't get smashed because they always have an elite line for him, he's smart in the pocket, and he doesn't run. Cam and guys like Lamar Jackson, Big Ben, and probably Jalen Hurts are their own worst enemy.

1 hour ago, Butterflyj30 said:

I think PJ can do well

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I sort of want to see the 6'6" beanpole out there lol. He can't be any worse than Baker, Sam, and PJ.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Jacob Eason? He sucks at football but he's like 8 feet tall. Darnold is probably healthy too, Rhule was just hiding him

Eason has a complete cannon for an arm. One of the best arms I think I’ve seen. He’s not a good QB but he can throw it 100 mph

2 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Rivera didn't ruin Cam. Watt spearing him in the shoulder ruined Cam.

Rivera ruined Cam by not putting a premium on protecting his franchise QB. He's finding out in Washington that franchise QBs ain't that easy to come by. When you get one, you protect him to the best of your ability. 

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Rivera ruined Cam by not putting a premium on protecting his franchise QB. He's finding out in Washington that franchise QBs ain't that easy to come by. When you get one, you protect him to the best of your ability. 

If Cam could still throw, he'd probably still be playing. Rivera did him no favors. But Watt ruined his career

2 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

If Cam could still throw, he'd probably still be playing. Rivera did him no favors. But Watt ruined his career

Agree with the first part. He's as dedicated to the game of football than anyone. 

My point was the o-line was below average most of his career. Not even gonna mention the WRs and offensive coordinator. Watt just happened to be the guy to put the icing on the cake, but Cam took a beating in that game and most others. It was bound to happen. He lasted a couple of YEARS longer than any other QB would have under those conditions. 

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Agree with the first part. He's as dedicated to the game of football than anyone. 

My point was the o-line was below average most of his career. Not even gonna mention the WRs and offensive coordinator. Watt just happened to be the guy to put the icing on the cake, but Cam took a beating in that game and most others. It was bound to happen. He lasted a couple of YEARS longer than any other QB would have under those conditions. 

There's a lot to unpack in the Cam saga. Unfortunately, his is not an uncommon occurrence in the NFL. I don't get why Cam is so protected around here? The guy did everything but win a SB. And all folks want to talk about is Rivera ruined him. 

The fact of the matter is this. If that hit by Watt never happens, there is a good chance Cam is still playing. Rivera or no Rivera. Cam losing the ability to throw is why he is no longer playing

7 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

There's a lot to unpack in the Cam saga. Unfortunately, his is not an uncommon occurrence in the NFL. I don't get why Cam is so protected around here? The guy did everything but win a SB. And all folks want to talk about is Rivera ruined him. 

The fact of the matter is this. If that hit by Watt never happens, there is a good chance Cam is still playing. Rivera or no Rivera. Cam losing the ability to throw is why he is no longer playing

No sir. I beat Cam up about his inconsistent accuracy as much as anyone - never protected by me. But every other QB that we put back there only lasted a couple of games at best. The playcalling with that o-line was a disaster in the making. That hit was gonna happen eventually if he stayed here with Rivera. 

Rhule put more of an emphasis on o-line and finding an effective offensive playcaller. Unfortunately it hasn't worked, but the effort was there. Hopefully the team continues that trend. 

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

No sir. I beat Cam up about his inconsistent accuracy as much as anyone - never protected by me. But every other QB that we put back there only lasted a couple of games at best. The playcalling with that o-line was a disaster in the making. That hit was gonna happen eventually if he stayed here with Rivera. 

Rhule put more of an emphasis on o-line and finding an effective offensive playcaller. Unfortunately it hasn't worked, but the effort was there. Hopefully the team continues that trend. 

That bolded part pretty much sums it up. You put all the blame on Rivera. That's fine. That's your right.

I have never seen that Watt hit before, or since. But if you want to put that on Rivera as well. Have at it.

Hells, Bellicheat had Cam throw the ball a whopping 4 times in one game. Would he have done that if Cam could throw? I think not.

Rivera did Cam no favors. But it was Watt that ruined his career.