• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PHIL SNOW FIRED AS WELL

TheWiz

8 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

So the number 1 pick has no more value than the number 5 pick or some random 6th round pick just because not all the best QBs come from the number 1 pick. That’s a dumb argument to make. Ok let’s have the equally stupid bust conversation. Guess we should never pick a 1st rd QB again because some of them bust.

Nope. I simply said that picking a guy in the first round and tanking to do so isn't a guaranteed recipe for success. And that Corral who some think was a first round talent may be as good as anyone else we can get. Given Fitterers pension to swing for the fences I suspect we may draft a QB but with limited picks I don't know if it is the imperative many folks here think. Which has been my point all along.

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

Willis and Corral were always media overhypes. Willis has potential but is the definition of a project, whereas Corral has a great release and solid short to intermediate accuracy, but his deep accuracy leaves a LOT to be desired and his durability is a real concern, though I do think if he's able to work out Corral's a late 2nd prospect. 

There's a reason these prospects fell.

Again the qb has to fit the system or you have to adapt the system to the qb.  Right now Corral fits with McAdoo's system. Now if we change OCs and go with a different system then it is hard to say if that is still true.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Nope. I simply said that picking a guy in the first round and tanking to do so isn't a guaranteed recipe for success. And that Corral who some think was a first round talent may be as good as anyone else we can get. Given Fitterers pension to swing for the fences I suspect we may draft a QB but with limited picks I don't know if it is the imperative many folks here think. Which has been my point all along.

Well of course it doesn’t guarantee success, absolutely nobody is saying it does. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

The defense wasn't elite, but it was far from the problem, this is an odd move.

But one I approve as I thought firing Rhule made the team better and I want to get the #1 pick at this point, this thankfully makes the team a bit worse again lol

Not an odd move at all. Rhule and Snow are joined at the hip.   

Plus Tepper is giving Wilks the chance to make his own coaching changes.