• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Hello Mr Newton, Coach Wilks here..."

Coreyl90

Random Huddler (let's call him "rippadonn"): Guys, the BEST we EVER saw Cam was when Chud tailored EVERY aspect of the entire offense around him ... because that's the only way he can truly be a success in the NFL I guess. But do it right ... and by gawd he's the best QB to ever suit up.

Random Huddler (let's still call him "rippadonn"): So what we need to do is give him a call since Wilks is like ... cool. Even though Cam has had no reps this season ... what we will do is start from SCRATCH and tailor the entire offense around Cam again. Might take every other guy on offense a day or two to learn the new playbook ... but by gawd ... it will be 2011 all over again!

happy all in with cam GIF by Nickelodeon

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0

2 hours ago, panthersgreenville said:

Ok I’m just going to say it, is PJ Walker really that bad?! I dunno, I see him during pre season and he plays with passion and seems to really throw darts in between tight windows and the offense seems to move fast and fluid with him in there. Or am I seeing things here?! 

EDIT:: Nvm. I just went and looked at his stats, 2 TDs to 8 ints his time with us. Yikes, ok nothing to see here 

If PJ would have been allowed to start a few more games we probably would have had a few more wins last season. 

By the time Darnold finally left the field. We take on the Arizona Cardinals who was probably the hottest team on our schedule at that point. 

And what'ya know we win the game with PJ quarterbacking and Cam doing spot duties and goalline packages. So instead of running it back the next week with the platoon system ala the Steelers of old with O'Donnell and Kordell. 

This genius staff sits PJ back down and goes with a rusty Cam on a limited playbook and we don't win another game. 

What was wrong with trying a successful formula AT LEAST until it didn't work. 

The worst coaching staff in Panthers history. 

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

If PJ would have been allowed to start a few more games we probably would have had a few more wins last season. 

By the time Darnold finally left the field. We take on the Arizona Cardinals who was probably the hottest team on our schedule at that point. 

And what'ya know we win the game with PJ quarterbacking and Cam doing spot duties and goalline packages. So instead of running it back the next week with the platoon system ala the Steelers of old with O'Donnell and Kordell. 

This genius staff sits PJ back down and goes with a rusty Cam on a limited playbook and we don't win another game. 

What was wrong with trying a successful formula AT LEAST until it didn't work. 

The worst coaching staff in Panthers history. 

PJ has started 2 games, he has a 57% completion rate, 2 TDs, 8 ints, and 4 fumbles.

We were not winning more games with him under center. He is a practice squad guy at best. 

3 hours ago, Coreyl90 said:

I have nothing personal with PJ, but he's currently sitting at 2 td's and 8 picks for his NFL career. Bill Parcells once said something along the lines of "You are what your record says you are" 

What's Cam's should ability?

He's not on a team for a reason. 

How difficult is it for people to understand that.  

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Coreyl90 said:

I have nothing personal with PJ, but he's currently sitting at 2 td's and 8 picks for his NFL career. Bill Parcells once said something along the lines of "You are what your record says you are" 

PJ record is 2-0 as a starter, so you're using Parcells quote incorrectly by applying his stats. 

The best offensive performance we had all of last season was the Arizona game when they scored 34 on the Cardinals we didn't come close to that total in any game afterwards. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yet people think this year will be different...

For the sake of playing devils advocate - he didn’t get a fair shake last year. Rhule 10000% used him as a prop and couldn’t wait to bench him again. 

I think there’s a lot of still out there that want to see him given one more shot. Why not us, and why not right now. It’s a perfect time to do it. 

I expect zero out of this season now. Never did, TBH. But now that the village idiot is gone and Baker’s hurt, I would MUCH rather watch Cam again then watch PJ. 

Someone make a poll. It seems some don't want Cam here because if he gets us a few wins, it hurts our Draft position. Then there are some who want Cam to bring fun back and if he hurts our Draft position so be it. Lines are blurred all the time with Cam. The whole "winning meaningless games" anger seems to go out the window with him lol.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1